The Student Room Group

Will chinos go out of fashion?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by GapYear01
Isnt that just like posting a picture of people in jeans? When you go to a club nowadays (providing it isnt a posh club) people either wear jeans or chinos, its what colour, what you wear them with that is the thing that sets you apart.

No, because jeans have been standard attire for decades whereas chinos have suddenly become in vogue having previously been the garment of choice for geography teachers. As such people wearing them will be seen as having jumped on a bandwagon.
Reply 41
Chinos have been around for just as long, but yeh theyve recently become a big hit, just like jeans did at one point. I personally wear them because theyre so much more comfy than jeans and not as formal as trousers.
Reply 42
Original post by GapYear01
Chinos have been around for just as long, but yeh theyve recently become a big hit, just like jeans did at one point. I personally wear them because theyre so much more comfy than jeans and not as formal as trousers.

Like someone said earlier in the thread as part of a smart casual uniform, they're fine, it just seems the topman ladzzz in clubs have decided to wear them with trainers and a printed tshirt as if they were a pair of jeans. I saw someone sporting a pair with a white and green adidas track top on top, they looked ****ing ridiculous.
the only people i know who wear chinos are jack wills wannabee rah knobheads.

Original post by Jono404
I think it's safe to say they're done to death now, as shown in this image someone posted in the male fashion thread

Oh dear

Pretty much spot on
Reply 44
They were cool about three years ago, and then people who decided they didn't want to be chavs anymore started buying them, teaming them with boat shoes, a checked shirt from topman, and a barbour jacket. Please just stop. All of you.
Not for me, I wear them because I like them not because of indie-wannabee's.
Reply 46
Original post by Jono404
Like someone said earlier in the thread as part of a smart casual uniform, they're fine, it just seems the topman ladzzz in clubs have decided to wear them with trainers and a printed tshirt as if they were a pair of jeans. I saw someone sporting a pair with a white and green adidas track top on top, they looked ****ing ridiculous.

Agreed. Its funny that the front 5 are all wearing their tops from All Saints. These are the type of people that were wearing army boots a year a go.
Reply 47
Boat shoes = wtf
Chinos look good but don't you feel like a prat wearing "normal clothes" to go with it?
Reply 48
Original post by Jono404
I think it's safe to say they're done to death now, as shown in this image someone posted in the male fashion thread

Oh dear

yum!!!!
Reply 49
Original post by farrokh_bulsarah
I dont think they will. I mean, a few years ago they had different shaped chinos or whatever, and the type of chinos may change from time to time, but will chinos go out of fashion, or are they here to stay like Jeans, shirts, etc?

sure hope so
I'm bored of them already.

I liked chinos when they were first out as they looked nice with sandals and a white linen/black linen shirt on men. Now all and sundry wear them as if they are jeans and it looks quite annoying.

I'm wondering what the next trend will be but PLEASE do not be those irritating cowl neck t shirts...they look fukcing ridiculous. Also I saw a waistcoat with a HOOD in New Look are you ****ting me? :lolwut:
Chinos have been around for years, although until recently they were only worn by maths teachers.

I HATE these stupid 'carrot' shaped ones with elasticated bottoms that guys wear with deck shoes and NO SOCKS. Can't believe how bad they look and hope they piss off soon...
Original post by I<3LAMP
I'm wondering what the next trend will be but PLEASE do not be those irritating cowl neck t shirts...they look fukcing ridiculous. :lolwut:

They've been around a few years now and seem to have stayed limited to a few idiots who shop in All Saints, so hopefully they won't go too mainstream!
Reply 53
I love chinos. They're smart, comfy, cool..... Much better than jeans. Only thing is, when you wash them you get loads of tiny little hairs all over them :frown:
Original post by EssexDan86
They've been around a few years now and seem to have stayed limited to a few idiots who shop in All Saints, so hopefully they won't go too mainstream!

I really don't understand why you'd need added material around the neck if you are wearing a T Shirt. Surely that makes you warm? I've seen morons wearing a scarf in the SUNSHINE and a T Shirt. I just don't understand. :confused:

I quite like those snood thingies though...just not attached to a t shirt. Wow I'm ranting... :erm:
Reply 55
I just can't wear those cream/mustard ones now they've been so overdone. People are just wearing them with anything. I stick to blue and darker colours.
Reply 56
Original post by farrokh_bulsarah

So you've never heard of Bob Dylan, The Beatles, T-rex etc?

HAHAHAHA! How you put T-rex in that sentence I will never know! :tongue:
Original post by HenryCog
HAHAHAHA! How you put T-rex in that sentence I will never know! :tongue:

Well then more fool you. Considering The Beatles themselves said that T-rex were their successors! I think The Beatles' opinion is more credible than yours :wink:
Reply 58
The fashion world will find something else in the future.
I don't like them personally...leggings ftw :yep:
Original post by cinquee
the fashion world will find something else in the future.
I don't like them personally...leggings ftw :yep:

just like the fashion world will find something other than jeans, shirts, boxer shorts, and socks? Re-evaluate your comment bro.

Quick Reply

Latest