The Student Room Group

What types of bag are men suppose to carry?

I'm struggling to find a bag for uni. I don't know what types of bag men are suppose to carry. I don't want to get a rucksack type because they're too childish. They remind me of being in year three. Man bags / satchels get abuse for being too feminine (Hangover: "It's not a purse, it's a satchel!"). Holdalls are usually for carrying sports equipment and are totally unsuitable for carrying books. And briefcase type bags are a no go because of "briefcase ****er". So my question is, what the hell does that leave us with?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get a grown-up rucksack?
Reply 2
Original post by benzene
I'm struggling to find a bag for uni. I don't know what types of bag men are suppose to carry. I don't want to get a rucksack type because they're too childish. They remind me of being in year three. Man bags / satchels get abuse for being too feminine (Hangover: "It's not a purse, it's a satchel!"). Holdalls are usually for carrying sports equipment and are totally unsuitable for carrying books. And briefcase type bags are a no go because of "briefcase ****er". So my question is, what the hell does that leave us with?!

A "despatch bag" is your best bet.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=despatch+bag&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2892l2892l0l3052l1l1l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=667&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Lol@briefcase ****er from The Inbetweeners :teehee:
Reply 3
None
There are loads of satchel - type things that guys in my school have that look fine. And personally I think backpacks are awesome :smile: x
Reply 5
A rucksack, just not nike, adidas etc.

Try Eastpak, Gravis or Dakine.
Reply 6
One which you can carry things in? :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
On a more serious note: buy an eastpak backpack.
Original post by AMorgan26
A rucksack, just not nike, adidas etc.

Try Eastpak, Gravis or Dakine.

Jansport are good, I've been using the same one every day since 2005.
Reply 9
:holmes: A MAN BAG!!!!
Reply 10
A messenger bag? I'm sure they're called that!
just get a backpack....
nothing childish about a backpack. even better, if you get one suitable for outside pursuits (ie, large one with many pockets that people use when exploring or camping), then it is both useful AND cool.

i dislike the idea of a bag/sachel which is held with one hand or supported on one shoulder.....weight of luggage spread evenly would be better for the body i'd've thought
Reply 13
The only acceptable bags for men are rucksacks, gym bags, or briefcases otherwise I'm going to assume that you are fond of a different kind of male bag :s-smilie: .
(edited 12 years ago)
OP, nothing wrong with just a rucksack. If you don't like that, go for a messenger/despatch bag. I really doubt anyone's gonna care all that much what bag you use.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Ordinary rucksacks have never let me down.
Reply 16
No-one is "supposed" to carry any type of bag. We don't like in an oppressive dictatorship where people are shot for not dressing in a certain way. Wear whatever the hell you like.
Reply 17
I use this one for uni...
Use whatever bag takes your fancy, I prefer the one below myself but everyone is their own.

Original post by Smilingsam
Use whatever bag takes your fancy, I prefer the one below myself but everyone is their own.

Nice bag bro but it's Dunlop lol Dunlop is a joke dude. It's like hi-tech and gola.

Quick Reply

Latest