The Student Room Group

Gross...

hi there
sorry for the yucky nature of this problem!

basically my behind has been really itchy and irratating recently and i dont know what it is. sometimes it can be painful- i woke up one night in a lot of pain although only briefly. i also feel sick quite a bit ( dont know if they're related ). anyways, just wondered if anyone knows what it could be?

many thanks
piles/ haemorroids?
Reply 2
Wash your anal sphincter thorougly... And eat more fibre, stay away from spicy food for a while...
worms? sounds gross but they're easy to pick up, especially if there's a youngster in the family... thats all i can think of!
Reply 4
for some reason i convinced myself it was bowel cancer, im quite paranoid about getting cancer
i doubt it's bowel cancer, it sounds more like a localised irritation! bowel cancer is indicated more by changes in your 'movements' such a blood in them. (correct me if i am wrong)
i'm sure it could be piles or some kind ir infection in the skin, maybe anal fissures?
try googling haemorroids (i think that's how you spell it) or piles, or anal fissures and see if then match your symptoms. you should try using a little mirror to get a visual picture as well...none of these are serious conditions by the way!
you can get creams etc over the counter to sort them out.
if you are really worried the doc is the best place to go. and dont worry, he has seen a thousand asses.
Reply 6
Possibly threadworms. GP good idea, and if you like, get someone else (close!) to check for worms or eggs first.
Reply 7
Canestan HC (0.1% Hydrocortisone) is an OTC drug which may alleviate the itchiness

Latest

Trending

Trending