The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hello, I am thinking about applying to Napier 2012 for the vet nursing course, it's the only degree course in scotland so fingers crossed i get in! went to the open day on the 25th of august i think and it was brilllant, a really nice place :tongue:
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 21
Original post by christielovesyou
I'm considering applying for a BMus there, but I don't know if I'm being rash! I'll need to investigate, there's a lot I want to know :smile:

yeah, do your research... you've got plenty of time yet :smile: I want to study in Edinburgh or Glasgow so I am sure about Napier and Glasgow Caledonian but I still don't know the other choices though (Heriot-Watt or Queen Margaret Uni?)
Reply 22
Original post by GraceC8846
hello, I am thinking about applying to Napier 2012 for the vet nursing course, it's the only degree course in scotland so fingers crossed i get in! went to the open day on the 25th of august i think and it was brilllant, a really nice place :tongue:

hi, I am going to the open day on 1st of October and really can't wait to see the campus... and also hope to find out some additional info :smile: so you say it was good? do you have any tips what not to miss on the open day? :smile:

and good luck with your application :wink: I am applying for Business...
Reply 23
Original post by ddaannyyeell

Original post by ddaannyyeell
hi, I am going to the open day on 1st of October and really can't wait to see the campus... and also hope to find out some additional info :smile: so you say it was good? do you have any tips what not to miss on the open day? :smile:

and good luck with your application :wink: I am applying for Business...

When you get to the open day try and see everything! I went to all the lectures that were on and also went on the bus tour that takes you around the acoomodation. Also try and talk to the people who will be running your course at the uni as they are the perfect people to answer any questions! :smile: good luck!
Reply 24
I'm applying to Napier for Festival & Events Management next year, really want to go to the open day but I cant make it :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by MacaskAl
I'm applying to Napier for Festival & Events Management next year, really want to go to the open day but I cant make it :frown:

:frown: but you are from Scotland, aren't you? so you can probably email them and ask for a personal tour...
Reply 26
Hi, folks! I'm also applying to Edinburgh Napier uni for 2012. As I can see from this topic I'm not the only one who wants to enter Event and Festival management course! Hope we all will meet at uni :smile:
People, have you thought about accommodation? Are you going to live in student accommodation or you want to rent a flat? I'm thinking about student accommodation, but omg, it's so expensive! In Latvia a lot of students living in student accomodation pay smaller monthly fee than Edinburgh's weekly fee is :frown: It makes me upset.
Reply 27
Original post by helvetia
Hi, folks! I'm also applying to Edinburgh Napier uni for 2012. As I can see from this topic I'm not the only one who wants to enter Event and Festival management course! Hope we all will meet at uni :smile:
People, have you thought about accommodation? Are you going to live in student accommodation or you want to rent a flat? I'm thinking about student accommodation, but omg, it's so expensive! In Latvia a lot of students living in student accomodation pay smaller monthly fee than Edinburgh's weekly fee is :frown: It makes me upset.

I'm going to spend first year on university's campus. I believe that it's a great way to make a lot of new friends what's important in new living place. Next year I'm going to share a flat with somebody. But it's just a plans, who knows.
About the prices. Yes, it's pretty expensive but you can find a job if you'll try.
Reply 28
I've applied to Edinburgh Napier's January 2012 intake for Adult Nursing, it's a bit late in the day but they said it was still okay to apply. Now begins the obsessive checking of Track :wink: Has anyone else applied for a January 2012 intake?
Reply 29
Hi! I also going to apply for language with festival and event management. Its a pretty cool, because as I have seen I am not only person who prefers to apply for that kind of profession. Besides, where r u from all? :>
Reply 30
Seriously considering applying for Sport and Exercise Science (Sport Injuries)... Not ever been to Edinburgh though. Have heard it's a great city? This is my 5th choice, have applied to others and didn't know where else to apply!!:frown:
Reply 31
I applied for Forensic Science.

Edinburgh is in a neck to neck race with Abertay Dundee. Which one is better? Can't really decide between this two. :confused:
Reply 32
maybe somebody has gotten an offer from Edinburgh napier uni? :>
Reply 33
Applied to study International Business Management looks a good uni :smile:
Reply 34
hey:smile: do anyone know what is approximately ratio of addmited foreign students to international business? Is it very competetive to be admitted into this course?
Reply 35
Original post by tomasj
hey:smile: do anyone know what is approximately ratio of addmited foreign students to international business? Is it very competetive to be admitted into this course?

Hey tomas i think that 42% of students on the international business course are international students and it is not as competitve as other universities. hope this helps
Reply 36
Applied for both Festival and Events Management and F&E management with Tourism!
Reply 37
Hello there! I see there are a lot of ppl applying for events management. I haven't sent anything yet, have u? Hope we will meet in september! x
I'm thinking of applying for Music. I've left a blank spot on my UCAS to fill when I have replies from 3/4 others. I'm highly considering Edinburgh Napier but I've only heard negative things about it. Being from England, we don't hear much about the Scottish institutes, so I was wondering what the general consensus is up north of the border :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by jackf1337
I'm thinking of applying for Music. I've left a blank spot on my UCAS to fill when I have replies from 3/4 others. I'm highly considering Edinburgh Napier but I've only heard negative things about it. Being from England, we don't hear much about the Scottish institutes, so I was wondering what the general consensus is up north of the border :smile:

What negative things have you heard about the uni, i am also going go napier.

Quick Reply

Latest