The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jido2011
What negative things have you heard about the uni, i am also going go napier.

Just that it wasn't a very nice place, thinks it's better than it is.

Not sure about the latter but the campus looks lovely
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 41
Just noticed the entry requirements for Events Management have increased from BBCC to BBBB. I've got ABBC. Am i right in thinking these grades have the same value as BBBB and the university accept this as meeting the requirements?
Reply 42
Original post by duncaniw
Will be applying for Festival and events management. Really hope I can get in, course sounds perfect to me.

I have applied for this course too, have you heard anything back from them?
Reply 43
Nope, don't think they send out any offers till after the UCAS deadline.
Reply 44
My friend got a rejection today, I'm just a bit worried lol
Still mulling over applying here for music...
Reply 46
Original post by Emma2610
My friend got a rejection today, I'm just a bit worried lol

For events management? What grades did they have?
I applied here but merely as a last resort because the entry requirements are quite low compared to places like edinburgh and strathclyde...
applying for business studies with economics :smile:
in general didnt really like the open day, but the people i saw at the business studies and economics desk were really nice, so das ist gut xD
soo i hope i get an offer, i love edinburgh so would love to get the chance to live here, applied to 2 other unis in edinburgh! :smile:
Original post by duncaniw
Just noticed the entry requirements for Events Management have increased from BBCC to BBBB. I've got ABBC. Am i right in thinking these grades have the same value as BBBB and the university accept this as meeting the requirements?

erm im not sure it works this way... but you never know!
If it doesnt work this way, then you would probably get a conditional of like, one or two Bs or something that should be easy to achieve for you judging on those results :smile:
GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:
Reply 49
I thought that UCAS sends the applications after the official deadline in January. This is what I have been told by a UCAS staff on a open day. But it seems that it is not true... A friend of mine got his conditional offer last week... though it is not Napier
Reply 50
Original post by imonlylittle
I applied here but merely as a last resort because the entry requirements are quite low compared to places like edinburgh and strathclyde...
applying for business studies with economics :smile:
in general didnt really like the open day, but the people i saw at the business studies and economics desk were really nice, so das ist gut xD
soo i hope i get an offer, i love edinburgh so would love to get the chance to live here, applied to 2 other unis in edinburgh! :smile:

Hi, I am applying for Napier too... for business studies
I also apply for Queen Margaret Uni... What other two Unis do you apply for?

I also hope I get an offer and that the condition wouldn't be too harsh :smile: Edinburgh is a cool city! :smile: Hope to see ya there
Got three unconditionals through from Napier today! Going for Computer Security and Forensics.
Reply 52
Surprised that people are getting rejections... I got really bad grades last year but I think that my personal statement pulled me up a bit. Got BBC conditional to do Web Design at Napier so does seem reasonable? Before I applied I was firmly wanting to go to Abertay but people keep telling me that Edinburgh is great and that Napier is lovely. How is Napier's computing department? Also is anyone else applying for a computer related course? (what conditions/what you got?). I'm getting more and more convinced to go to Napier (if I meet my conditions that is :?) Hopefully see you in September.
Just sent my application away today! Good luck everyone.. My main choice is Midwifery at EN but I do have the University as one of my back-up, 4th, choice to study Child Nursing.
:smile:
May I ask what Napier is like as a Uni? Are the campuses nice? Is it a well regarded Uni? Is the teaching generally up to a good standard?
Original post by ddaannyyeell

Hi, I am applying for Napier too... for business studies
I also apply for Queen Margaret Uni... What other two Unis do you apply for?

I also hope I get an offer and that the condition wouldn't be too harsh :smile: Edinburgh is a cool city! :smile: Hope to see ya there

i applied to Heriot-Watt and Edinburgh also :smile:
just got an unconditional to heriot-watt! soo dont think i'll be coming here even if i get an offer haha, but never know what could change :smile:
Edinburgh is amazing, would so love to live there!
hope to see you there, good luck!
Reply 56
I am surprised that people are already getting their offers from Napier because I was told by Napier stuff that they start to send offers after 15 January... so I didn't hurry :-D Anybody got an offer for Business Studies?
I will send my application on Monday/Tuesday... anyway congratulations to you all with unconditional offers and good luck to all others! ;-)
Reply 57
i applied to Heriot-Watt and Edinburgh also :smile:
just got an unconditional to heriot-watt! soo dont think i'll be coming here even if i get an offer haha, but never know what could change :smile:
Edinburgh is amazing, would so love to live there!
hope to see you there, good luck!

congratulations! wow unconditional :-) so does that mean that you finished your secondary education last year? :smile:
congratulations! wow unconditional :-) so does that mean that you finished your secondary education last year? :smile:

thank you!
nope in my last year now, but i met the entry requirements last year already :biggrin:
still got more exams to sit, but if i accept this offer my results don't matter xD
What about you, i'm guessing your in your last year too? :smile:
Reply 59
thank you!
nope in my last year now, but i met the entry requirements last year already :biggrin:
still got more exams to sit, but if i accept this offer my results don't matter xD
What about you, i'm guessing your in your last year too? :smile:

aha... I am a bit confused now, I didn't know that you can have your qualifications before the end of your secondary school but that is because I don't know the system in detail... :smile: but anyway, good for you! :wink:
Yes, I am in my last year now and I am taking my final exams in April... I am curious and a little bit afraid at the same time what my condition (if they would make me an offer :biggrin: ) would be as I am from the Czech Republic and the system is different here...

Quick Reply

Latest