The Student Room Group

Career advice for a latecomer

I have just completed a BA in geography at a good uni, (it took me 5 years due to ill health). I've never been 100% set on any career path, but I have always harboured an interest in film/TV production. I have very little experience, having been the runner on the set of an independent film production a few years ago (budget £200 or 400k, I forget which).

I regularly check sites like mandy.com for anything relevant, but there seems to be very little, especially in my part of the country. I was considering taking a postgraduate course part-time, since I'd have to work to fund it. Is this a good idea? Can anyone recommend any course that would be appropriate and would be a useful starting point for a career?

I know experience is the key, but as I said, there seem to be few opportunities in my area, professional or otherwise, and I simply can't afford to head down to London for unpaid work. Any advice?

...or if a Hollywood producer just so happens to be reading this, can I just have a job instead? I make a good cup of tea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending