The Student Room Group
although i don't really understand what this thread is trying to "get at". i just thought i would post the title for my german coursework:

"Ist Analphabetismus und Unmündigkeit verbunden?" (with reference to "Der Vorleser" by "Bernhard Schlink")

maybe someone can help?! austrian guy, have you read this book?
Reply 2
No, I didn't read that book, but i am having a discussion about something similar on an austrian political forum so i can give you some hints of what I think

1) Unmündigkeit kann aus Analphabetismus resultieren.
2) Manche meinen Analphabeten sollten nicht wählen dürfen, weil man sie als quasi unmündig einschätzt.

Articles worth reading: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analphabetismus
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unm%C3%BCndigkeit
austrian guy
No, I didn't read that book, but i am having a discussion about something similar on an austrian political forum so i can give you some hints of what I think

1) Unmündigkeit kann aus Analphabetismus resultieren.
2) Manche meinen Analphabeten sollten nicht wählen dürfen, weil man sie als quasi unmündig einschätzt.

Articles worth reading: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analphabetismus
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unm%C3%BCndigkeit

austrian guy: you are just brilliant!! i'm gonna give you +ve reps big time! (ur probabaly wondering why i already havent done so, but i will give you some when it starts to work!)

please please, if u have any more of these types of suggestions, then PLEASE post them! reps will definitely be given!

and what exactly does "...,weil man sie als quasi unmündig einschätzt" mean?
Reply 4
linguist786
austrian guy: you are just brilliant!! i'm gonna give you +ve reps big time! (ur probabaly wondering why i already havent done so, but i will give you some when it starts to work!)

please please, if u have any more of these types of suggestions, then PLEASE post them! reps will definitely be given!

and what exactly does "...,weil man sie als quasi unmündig einschätzt" mean?

wow. happy to be able to help.

well what it means: because people think (estimate) they are minor
Basically: Should analphabets be allowed to vote, is the main question and many people think they should not be allowed to vote because of the state they are in.
austrian guy
wow. happy to be able to help.

well what it means: because people think (estimate) they are minor
Basically: Should analphabets be allowed to vote, is the main question and many people think they should not be allowed to vote because of the state they are in.

thank you for that!

i think, however, that the essay has to relate completely to "Der Vorleser" and in that book, there isn't really anything about voting, so i don't think thats gonna be what i'm going to talk about. but yes, anything to do with "Analphabetismus" and "Unmündigkeit" would be brill!

and just to correct you (lol) - in english we say "illiterates", not analphabets!
(sorry to act like a smart alec!)
Reply 6
and just to correct you (lol) - in english we say "illiterates", not analphabets!
(sorry to act like a smart alec!)

no problem. I often have problems finding the right words (being bilingual also has negative aspects...)
I wish I had a German coursework topic as interesting as that! Mine's all obsessed with uniforms and costumes...AND I hate the play I've had to read

It's basically what role does the Army uniform play in Beckmann's downfall *Beckmann being the protagonist in Borchert's Draußen vor der Tür*

Obviously I haven't got my actual question into German yet (well I'm too shy to post my German cause it's so unexplainably bad :frown:)

The other coursework piece is the difficult cause it's so open!
Reply 8
For German I've done:

Das Kernenergieprogramm in Deutschland: Hätte es besser von der Regierung erledigt werden können?

Was waren die Schritte zur Gründung des zweiten deutschen Reiches? Welche Rolle spielte der Nationalismus in dieser Entwicklung?

Discuss the range of possible meanings which we can find in Gregor's life as an insect in Kafka's 'Die Verwandlung' (I really enjoyed this one. It's a great short story to read!)

For French:

"Nicolette is in all the usual senses of the word the heroine of the story, but Aucassin does not always act like a hero" Discuss this quote in relation to 'Aucassin et Nicolette' (I'm in the middle of writing this. It's a pretty crap book. Whoever said medieval literature was good!?)

L'islam en France: La façon de vivre française est-elle en danger?
james99
For German I've done:

Das Kernenergieprogramm in Deutschland: Hätte es besser von der Regierung erledigt werden können?

Was waren die Schritte zur Gründung des zweiten deutschen Reiches? Welche Rolle spielte der Nationalismus in dieser Entwicklung?

Discuss the range of possible meanings which we can find in Gregor's life as an insect in Kafka's 'Die Verwandlung' (I really enjoyed this one. It's a great short story to read!)

For French:

"Nicolette is in all the usual senses of the word the heroine of the story, but Aucassin does not always act like a hero" Discuss this quote in relation to 'Aucassin et Nicolette' (I'm in the middle of writing this. It's a pretty crap book. Whoever said medieval literature was good!?)

L'islam en France: La façon de vivre française est-elle en danger?

love the islam one: wish i had it!
I was thinking about doing Kafka, but didn't know if I could do two literature pieces hmmm!

Latest

Trending

Trending