The Student Room Group

UCAS tariff points and AS results

I'm wondering if the AS result that you chose to drop at A2 and its points contribute to the total that universities look at, e.g. say in AS I got:

A
A
A
A

In A2 i dropped the bottom subject, and got

A
A
A

Would the AS tariff points (half the A2 points if I remember right) count to the final score? (as in 120+120+120+60) Someone told me they are included, but now not long before the results day, I'd like to know for sure for my own sanity :biggrin:
Original post by Meekayashi
I'm wondering if the AS result that you chose to drop at A2 and its points contribute to the total that universities look at, e.g. say in AS I got:

A
A
A
A

In A2 i dropped the bottom subject, and got

A
A
A

Would the AS tariff points (half the A2 points if I remember right) count to the final score? (as in 120+120+120+60) Someone told me they are included, but now not long before the results day, I'd like to know for sure for my own sanity :biggrin:

Yes, you're AS result would still count, however, university courses may not include/allow the AS result/points in their required grades.
Reply 2
Decision
Conditional

Conditions

This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points
from at least 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs
including

GCE A level
Grade C

I'm guessing this means AS doesn't count?
Reply 3
Can someone answer please?
I think it means you need at least two full A-levels, with 260 points in total - so your AS should count.
If you're in any doubt, just contact the admissions office.
Original post by Meekayashi
I'm guessing this means AS doesn't count?

the conditions specify that the 280 points must come from 2 GCE A levels with one grade C A level meaning that the AS counts towards the tariff score but not towards the 2 GCE A levels or the Grade C. Thus, as long as you obtain two full A levels including a Grade C the tariff score from your AS will contribute. it's the use of the word 'including' that makes this possible.
Reply 6
Thanks, they could just write including As or whatever, always got to be complicated :P
But I might as well send a quick e-mail just in case, i didn't think of that

Quick Reply

Latest