The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

historyhoney
Anyone?

The thought of having 60 other people learning the same subject as me when there has only been just me for two years is a bit scary.

There are so many questions, will I fit in, will I like the uni, what societies do I join, will I live in a hoody?

What do people think?

I am worried about going but I am also very excited at the prospect of meeting these other 60 people and making some new friends. :biggrin:
I was worried but after seeing all of my friends have so much fun I am really excited now. I will probably be worried near the time but on the otherhand will just be happy to leave work :biggrin:
Reply 3
I am so looking forward to it, but when I think about it properly, then yes, it scares me. Alot
Reply 4
I can't wait for a 'new' life, getting away from here and being independent etc etc, but I am really worried I won't be able to cope with the academic side of things
i'm REALLY looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 6
historyhoney

The thought of having 60 other people learning the same subject as me when there has only been just me for two years is a bit scary.

Only 60? Remeber most universities will have at least one lecture theatre with a capacity of 500, and that will ocassionally be filled by certain courses :wink:

Just make an effort to get on with your flatmates and peopel on your course and you'll soon find friends. Remeber to expect the unexpected too!
Reply 7
leona
I can't wait for a 'new' life, getting away from here and being independent etc etc, but I am really worried I won't be able to cope with the academic side of things

the academic side is easy, it's coping with the masses of imbeciles who make up the student population that's the hard part.
Reply 8
Out of interest, have you decided yet which universities to apply to? Did you end up having RHUL as one of them? :smile:
Yes, you will live in a hoody. Enjoy it :smile:
Reply 10
Don't get your hopes up too much - Uni isn't as life-changing as you're led to believe.
Reply 11
I'm absolutely petrified.
I'm not really scared, my chief worry is leaving my pets in care of my family otherwise I could go off with a clear conscience.
I know I'll get a headache and homesickness when I get there, but these won't last long anyway cos they never do. I'll have to go into shops instead shopping online, which'll be quite frightening but cheaper. :p:
Reply 13
Only thing I'm worried about is sleeping. I can not sleep away from home, I tend to stay awake until 2/3 hours before I have to get up. You'd think that after a few days of that I'd fall asleep quickly, through exhaustion? Nope, I've been in a state like that for over a week, feeling like crap by the end of it.

Besides that, I'm looking forward to getting away from my family.
Reply 14
have you never been away from home longer than a week?

I was worried this time last year, i think the best bit of advice is to remember everyone else will be feeling the same way. Make sure you are as freindly as possible in your first week
only advice i can give is to go to the us bar and drink and party and make shore u have fun party then go to uni after 3 hrs sleep for lessions from 9-5 and then party again then sleep for 3hrs than lession and sleep at the weeked
Pav27
I tend to stay awake until 2/3 hours before I have to get up.
I've often like that even when I'm at home! I'm a fussy sleeper and if anything can disturb me it will :p: what are beds like in accomodation? I'm used to my own rocklike mattress and I'm wondering if uni beds are harder/softer?? :biggrin:
Reply 17
Zakatu
have you never been away from home longer than a week?

I was worried this time last year, i think the best bit of advice is to remember everyone else will be feeling the same way. Make sure you are as freindly as possible in your first week

3 Weeks is the most, but that was with my family living at my aunties house in Australia, so It was easier to get used to.
Reply 18
I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also terrified :biggrin:
Reply 19
I have been away from home, in fact - I am gagging to get away from it all, its just the scary reality of the thing that I have planned since year 11 is going to happen this summer!

Oh and Kew - after a long long chat I decided I oculdn't quite face not doing music - so I mostly applied just to music (apart from Keele which had to be both) I also didn't find the prospect of going where my dad is very good, however I still love RHUL, it is so cool! how do you find it? was it daunting going to a different uni after people had made friends?

Latest

Trending

Trending