The Student Room Group

Pizza hut interview tomorrow :)

Hi everyone, tomorrow I have my pizza hut interview for a Team Member and I'm a little but nervous! Would it be suitable to wear some nice jeans and t-shirt to the interview as the manager said it would be informal. Also, what is the pay and environment like? Thanks :biggrin:
I would dress smart casual if im honest. I mean the manager said informal but i would go a little farthur. Maybe a nice pair of fitted jeans with a polo and a v neck jumper. Not super smart but stylish. Good luck :wink:

Ohh and you should not care about the pay LOL. At our age and in the current economic climate you are very very lucky to even get a job. Take what you get and be happy with it. :smile:

Just be confident and polite, act mature and maybe plan a few anwers for the classic interview questions such as "why do you want to work here " ect.
(edited 12 years ago)
Try to impress them as best as possible. I would wear a nice button shirt with preferably black jeans or just any type of jeans really. Be confident and just smile in your interview and you will do fine.
Pay apparently is minimum wage but you can also get tips from customers on how well you serve as a member. The shifts are apparently by other people who worked there are really flexible. The job is very demanding and you're always on the go though, however it can be rewarding with tips by some customers you serve.
Good luck mate. The pay was below minimum wage when my friend got interviewed and the environment is busy as you would know if you've been in there but a job is a job. :smile:
Reply 4
I worked at pizza hut for three years and it was the best job i've ever had, no kidding. It was so laid back, the pay is better than minimum wage, especially if you work in the kitchen, which i did. It was amazing, i made so many friends there...ah if i could go back i would...

Yeah jeans and a nice top would be fine, they're quite chilled at pizza hut, as long as you're a nice person you'll be fine, just make sure they know you're a hard worker etc cos it is a hard job, but so much fun :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by StephenP15
Hi everyone, tomorrow I have my pizza hut interview for a Team Member and I'm a little but nervous! Would it be suitable to wear some nice jeans and t-shirt to the interview as the manager said it would be informal. Also, what is the pay and environment like? Thanks :biggrin:

How did you apply? Online?
Reply 6
Original post by Mr Smurf
How did you apply? Online?

Yes I did :smile: and thanks everyone else so much for the fab advice :smile: I feel a lot more confident now ^^
Reply 7
How did it go? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Tw1x
How did it go? :smile:

Hi :smile: the interview went really well! Despite the pay being low, it looks really good with tips and such, but they take 12.5% of your pay for your holiday pay :/ but she said she will contact we soon to tell me about if my application is successful! ^^
Original post by StephenP15

Did you have any experience before? If not, what did you put in the employment history/work experience part?
Reply 10
Original post by Just Being Me
Did you have any experience before? If not, what did you put in the employment history/work experience part?

I have experience working at my dad's cafe so I just wrote that :L but they seem to just want enthusiasm and commitment :biggrin:
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to notify you whether you passed the online job assesment?
I just applied yesterday. I do know that if you were unsucessful, they usually send a automatic rejection email...:s
Original post by rurounikenji
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to notify you whether you passed the online job assesment?
I just applied yesterday. I do know that if you were unsucessful, they usually send a automatic rejection email...:s

I applied to Pizza Hut about 3 weeks ago, no confirmation or rejection email but a few days ago they emailed me to say "Just a short email to update you on the progress of your application with Pizza Hut. Your details are now able to be viewed by other Pizza Hut Delivery/Restaurants within your local area. We will contact you should a position be available at one of these locations."
Original post by yayifications
I applied to Pizza Hut about 3 weeks ago, no confirmation or rejection email but a few days ago they emailed me to say "Just a short email to update you on the progress of your application with Pizza Hut. Your details are now able to be viewed by other Pizza Hut Delivery/Restaurants within your local area. We will contact you should a position be available at one of these locations."

Hi, i just got sent that reply this morning. Any update with your application?
Original post by rurounikenji
Hi, i just got sent that reply this morning. Any update with your application?

I'm wondering the same thing. Haha. Just got the same email today.
Hey does anyone know how long does it take to get a response if you got the job or not ?
do u get free supply of pizza if u work at pizza hut. cos if u do im working there
Original post by anonymous69gcse
do u get free supply of pizza if u work at pizza hut. cos if u do im working there

Original post by Esther0129
Hey does anyone know how long does it take to get a response if you got the job or not ?

This post is 6 years old.
Any idea of the questions keep getting reject keep applying so no luck lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending