Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ramadan Mubarak' ... Hows everyone finding fasting this year...?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Imagine in a few years when Ramadhan's in June.
    It doesn't get very warm in June in Britain but the days will be LONG.

Start at about after 3am and end at about after 9pm.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    I'm not a Muslim but I haven't eaten since about 9 last night if that counts at all. :beard:
    We haven't eaten since around 03:45 today, and will only be able to at 9 pm - over 17 hours! :zomg:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Muslim but I take my hat off to you guys - I find that it's hard enough fasting even for a day! It must be a hard thing to do, especially during summer!

Good luck to you all
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ramadhan Kareem/Mubarak to the lot of you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you'd think ramadhan would be harder in pakistan but it aint. iftarti/ maghrib is at about 7.30pm over there
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im not finding it as hard as I thought I would be, which is a great blessing indeed!

I find I generally don't get "reaaaaly hungry" it's more the Thirst that get's me, im constantly doing sports or working out so im used to drinking a lot of water every day, the first week of Ramadan always absolutely maims me in regards to Hydration.
    However it has not been that hot the past two days(at least up north) and Im doing little else but sitting around the house, studying, reading and praying so I Inshallah it will remain easy and good!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What would a muslim in iceland do? would it be possible?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessQQmorepewpew)
    What would a muslim in iceland do? would it be possible?
    I would presume that since is no Sunset then there can be no end to the period of Fasting, therefore there would be a "little bit" of a healthrisk and as such Fasting would not be mandatory on them, they would have to compensate in the normal manner, feeding the poor, giving to charity, making up the Fast-Days at a later date

However "this" year in Iceland the sun rises at 3am and set sat 10 so they will eb able to fast perfectly well.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabolin)
    you'd think ramadhan would be harder in pakistan but it aint. iftarti/ maghrib is at about 7.30pm over there
    It must be hard for the brothers who have to work in the barry during the day though.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CPN)
    Hey just wanted to say goodluck to all you Muslims out there that are fasting! I'm Hindu and think all of you guys are so strong it can't be easy in all this heat! CPN
    Cheers
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabolin)

It is harder, its like 45 c over there cos its close to the equator! But yh thankfully bcoz of that, they have shorter days
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hardly a conselation
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You guys should seriously witness the Dubai heat. It is over 40 degrees here! I'm melting!

Only two hours left for Iftar
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it okay tbh. Hardly ate iftari, had two dates and a glass of ribena and mash potato o.O and then had loads of water for sehri and some veg with rice.

Surprising I lose my appetite easily, so when it came to Iftar yesterday I wasn't hungry one bit, was even thinking of just eating a date and carrying on with my day. But parents made me eat a bit more because they think I'll 'die' o.O

Other than anyone else think the day goes quick??? My day went super quick yesterday.. Probably because I was in a state of Dhikr all day and keeping myself busy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_H92)
    You guys should seriously witness the Dubai heat. It is over 40 degrees here! I'm melting!

Only two hours left for Iftar
    im in dubai and it's no that bad. plus to feel the heat you need to be outside. if you are outside no wonder your melting.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florrick)
    Like I'm going to die... :ashamed2:

I need to man up.
    Eh? Fasting is making you feel like that? did you eat sehri?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it good. Not eating a lot this year either.

Alhamdulilallah.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan Mubarak!
    I've just been playing games, looking at clothes online, keeping myself occupied.
    I think I should've eaten more than half an apple at Sehri.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its only the second one!
    And its raining
    Yesterday, suprisingly went ok
    Don't know what I'd do without tsr!
    Occupy myself with this, praying, youtube, emails, pgce research, annoying family, helping out, texting
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally more thirsty than hungry, but overall the 17 hours are passing pretty fast

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 9, 2011
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.