Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ramadan Mubarak' ... Hows everyone finding fasting this year...?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alimbo95)
    Thank you. Ramadan mubarak to you too! Mine is probably not the best idea, but my friend and I go to the mosque then go to the gym.
    Dont you get thirsty when you go to the gym? :|
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoya Khan)
    Ramadhan Mubarak!!
    My fast is going well. Can't say it ever goes bad anyway It's always good, whether I'm really thirsty(like now) or hungry or angry, wanting to really say some things to someone but I keep mum at least in Ramadhan. Patience...
    I read the Quran, pray, of course and cook a lot of things. I like to experiment by making new things
    I like to do most of my worshiping at night, as I'm more comfortable that way and it's calmer at that time.
    And, of course, I keep going on and off TSR...
    Ramadan Mubarak everyone!
    Well said I agree, I prefer to pray at Fajr time, it enables me to get that 1-2-1 connection with Allah swt, and to pray as sincerely as I can, without distraction

I be ok....until about 5pm - that's when it starts to kick in :lol: - but no complaining, no complaining..
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    We all did :rolleyes:
    i ate butter puffs.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The first day was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be. Time went by really quickly and my hunger didn't get to me too badly. I think Ramadhan just goes by faster as you get older.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotSoCool.Fly)
    hot hot hot Hot

Pfft last night the weather was absoloutely burning in the West Midlands.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureMillionaire)
    Dont you get thirsty when you go to the gym? :|
    Yeah, I do get really thirsty, but it's not too bad if I don't think about it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All i am doing this ramadan is pray and sleep

Its not like i am super hungry but i just so quickly tired
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I found it hard yesterday,, but it's going quite well today for some reason
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan Kareem to you too!
    Here in Jeddah we don't feel like we're fasting, the time goes by in all the work and then the prep for iftar.
    And before you know it, it's already time to break the fast so atm Ramadan rocks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you're just in a Ramadan buzz mode, fasting tends to be easier. Spiritual energy kind of compensates for the lack of physical energy.
    =)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic.)
    Ramadan Mubarak!
    I've just been playing games, looking at clothes online, keeping myself occupied.
    I think I should've eaten more than half an apple at Sehri.
    Lol, I wake up at 3pm
    And just waste the day... Playing Games and Surfing Like You said...
    Not that bad for me this year after i wake only 6 hours till i eat :L
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amiro123)
    Ours are 20 hours long so there's pleny to do like:

wake up
    going on TSR
    volunteering
    going on TSR
    not too strenuous Taekwondo training
    going on TSR
    breaking fast at Iftar
    then just enough time to rush to the Masjid for Tarawih
    come back home with one hour to go until suhoor
    pray fajr and then bed
    and then do it all again

You guys keep going on about the heat! I'm in Scotland where it's really miserable and damp.
    Wow 20 hours and I thought London was bad :/
    and nice timetable
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadii)
    I know... Food aint the problem i feel a little thirsty as its so damn hot! :l

But honestly if your like me and feel lazy there some incredible books you should read whilst laying down for the next few hours.. such as 'the sealed nectar' its like an award winning biography and incredible journey of the Prophet pbuh.. and loads of other small books containing history/hadith and stories of the prophets... try looking at http://www.islamicbookstore.com/top100.html
    It's hot here too can't wait till iftaar!!
    And the Sealed Nectar is a really good biography! I just received it before ramadhan as a present
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is so easy. Do not complain of hunger, but revel in hunger, guys. Because the pain you go through is what makes the Almighty pleased, because you are going it through for him. And if you don't complain, then he shall reward you, of course, Inshallah.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comet Andromeda)
    Hey everyone! It is good good thanks. The heat in london is staggering so I have decided to not go out! Unless I get work experience, then I am going to have to . Everyone is so lucky that they get to go taraweeh because I can't as the mosque is to far! Have to pray at home then. Hope everyone's fast goes well and ramadan mubarak to you all .
    Omg! tell me about it :/ and plus the fast's here are soo long this yearr!!
    And i've got some work experience thing to go to tomorrow, have to use the tube it's gnna be boiling!!
    Ramadan mubarak to you too
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    I'm not a Muslim but I haven't eaten since about 9 last night if that counts at all. :beard:
    It counts
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Salam again and thank you for all the messages ...

Im not perfect but try not to sleep all day - try doing more good deeds, zikr, charity, increasing your knowldege as anything good which is done shall increase your reward.. Dont let this beautiful month go to waste as ramadan is not all about staying away from food and the feast in the evening..

Most of us on TSR are waiting for iftar in which we shall have A LOT of food available to eat.. We foget the importance of fasting, feeling the hunger just like homeless, unfortunate people etc who may fast for days.. For iftar they have very little and this should make our Iman stronger, We should praise ALLAH swt for all he has given us and try and give a little in charity. One day when were rewarded and we'l enter paradise (InshAllah) we'l be relieved of the effort we put in this life..

Quran -Ramadan is the (month) in which was sent down the Qur-an, as a guide to mankind, also Clear (Signs) for guidance and judgment (between right and wrong). So every one of you who is present (at his home) during that month should spend it in fasting, but if any one is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed period (should be made up) by days later. Allah intends every facility for you; He does not want to put you to difficulties. (He wants you) to complete the prescribed period, and to glorify Him in that He has guided you; and perchance ye shall be grateful.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yumnaarrhhh)
    It's hot here too can't wait till iftaar!!
    And the Sealed Nectar is a really good biography! I just received it before ramadhan as a present
    yeah i know.. ive passed it on to a few friends.. Inshallah encourage people to do good and forbid them from evil .. Ramadan is a challenge but making correct intentions and not complaining and busy our time with good is what we should work towards! ..

So do you know any other good books ...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When did everyone start fasting? My first one was yesterday. Today i'm feeling really hungry and thirsty- just counting down the hours until iftaar. I'm going to saudi tomorrow for umrah. Fasting is going to be sooooo hard there! I don't feel like fasting on the journey, i know you don't have to. But i probably will cos i'd feel bad afterwards.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadii)
    yeah i know.. ive passed it on to a few friends.. Inshallah encourage people to do good and forbid them from evil .. Ramadan is a challenge but making correct intentions and not complaining and busy our time with good is what we should work towards! ..

So do you know any other good books ...
    Inshallah,,

& Urmm book's like the sealed nectar? i'm not sure, i've read quite a few..but I cant remember the names right now..
    what other types of books do you like reading?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 9, 2011
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.