The Student Room Group

The Official 2011 Oxford Results Thread

For those who already have results, post below. This thread must not be used for chat, and any posts not about your results will be removed. The Results Day Discussion thread is located here.

Name:
College:
Subject:
Offer:
Results:
How do you feel?:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not sure if I count to go here, but whatever.

Name: Daniel
College: Merton (check out the Facebook group!)
Subject: Maths & Philosophy
Offer: Unconditional (applied after results)
Results: 45
How do you feel?: It was a crazy feeling suddenly not having to worry at all. Occasionally I remember I'm starting in two months and get a little jolt of excitement.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by dbmag9
Not sure if I count to go here, but whatever.

Absolutely you do! I meant to say - unconditionals should also post here :smile:
Name:Gianluca
College:St Hilda's
Subject:Mathematics
Offer:100 TOEFL and 95% Italian Esame Di Stato
Results:106 TOEFL and 100% Italian Esame Di Stato
How do you feel?: sent the certificate to the college a few days ago, now i'm just waiting hoping there are no problems :smile: but i feel a little nervous...:frown:
Reply 4
Name: Megan
College: St. John's
Subject: French & Linguistics
Offer: 40 points (7 in French HL, 6 in both English A1 HL and History HL)
Results: 36 points (6,6,6 in HL) - I was 6% overall from achieving 39. None of my remarks went up except my Extended Essay which I was predicted at least a B and came out with a D. I ended up getting a C.
How do you feel?: Resentful that I did the IB, I feel cheated to be honest. I wish I'd never done it. And now I'm left in the lurch as the college won't give me a yes/no answer until A Level results come out. If I'd done A Levels, I'd not have my results yet, but if I'd have had an offer of AAA like all the others, it's highly doubtful that I would've missed the offer. Yeah, as you can see I'm pretty bitter about the whole thing. The fact that I've got 523 UCAS points in comparison to the A Level students' 360 yet it still isn't enough is like a kick in the teeth. :frown:

Okay, thanks for the neg rep. I know it comes across as both arrogant and ignorant, but I feel like such a failure. It's so frustrating when for all my life people have just expected me to achieve the best grades and to get into Oxbridge, and now there's the possibility that I won't be able to go and it doesn't exactly feel great. And after the past two years, my optimistic side has greatly diminished. :frown:

EDIT: As you can see from my signature, I didn't make it to Oxford after all. I had rejected Warwick initially, as I thought the offer was too high to be a safe insurance. However, I contacted them, and they didn't just find a space, they actually made an extra place for me just so I can study there. I feel really appreciated by my new Head of Department, and these things happen for a reason. I'm still disappointed that I can't say I go to Oxford, as it isn't the same, but I'm happy, plus I feel privileged to be wanted so much by a well respected university that they make up an extra place for me. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Name: Linda
College: Somerville
Subject: Engineering
Offer: IB 42 points with 7 in maths and physics HL
Results: 43 points overall, 7 in maths and physics
How do you feel?: Happy and excited, still can't fully believe it.
Name: rohitronaldo
College: Keble
Subject: Economics and Management
Offer: 39 points with 7 in HL Economics
Results: 44 points with 7, 7, 7 at HL
How do you feel?: Euphoric. Ran around my house screaming Oxford once I saw my results on the computer. Pretty psyched for October now.
Name: Matt
College: Magdalen
Subject: Physics
Offer: 85% from polish matura HL and 7.0 IELTS
Results: Lots of % from everything at polish matura and 8.5 in IELTS
How do you feel?: The results were published over a month ago, but still excited and scared like ****.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Name: Michael
College: Merton (see Facebook :smile:
Offer: A in Maths, Physics and a third subject
Results: 5 As
How do you feel?: Woohooo, nothing to worry anymore! There`s enough time to enjoy the summer now!!
Reply 9
Name: Oktoviano
College: Hertford
Offer: AAA in Maths and Physics and any other content subject
Results: 5As, only a pass in Physics H3(some deeper Physics ****)
How do you feel?: Now I'm quite excited again since I just got my visa! But overall bored since I don't really have anything productive to do at home D: ngeh, can't wait to go there
Name: Samira
College: St Anne's
Subject: English
Offer: AAA
Results: A*A*A*A
How do you feel?: Stunned ... it hasn't sunk in yet!
Name: Cathy
College: Merton
Offer: AAB
Results: AAA
How do you feel?: I found out a fortnight ago, and mainly just felt relieved and exhausted after all the tension and waiting, but now I'm unbelievably excited! :biggrin: Well done to everyone- it feels more real now I have people to celebrate with!
Reply 12
Name: Brendan
College: Christ Church
Subject: Biochemistry
Offer: AAA including Biology and Chemistry
Results: A*A*A*A
How do you feel?: Unbelievably happy! I'm so glad it's set in stone now, and I can't wait to go in October. Though a little nervous too.. :grin:
Reply 13
Name: Siobhan
College: Hertford
Results: A*A*A*
How do you feel?: It hasn't sunk in yet. Obviously very happy though :biggrin:
Name: Emma
College: Keble
Subject: History
Results: A*AA
How do you feel?: HAPPY :biggrin:
Reply 15
Name: Leon
College: Univ' (yeah!)
Subject: PPE
Offer: German Abitur average of 1.3, with 15 in Maths 12.1 and 12.2 and TOEFL 100
Results: German Abitur average of 1.0, 15 in all Maths courses, TOEFL 119
How do you feel?: I guess the word would be, like, FANTASTIC?!
Reply 16
Name: Sam
College: New College
Results: A*A*A*AA
How do you feel?: It hasn't sunk in yet, and I still can't quite believe it- but I'm going to Oxford :biggrin:
Reply 17
Name: Matt
College: Univ
Subject: PPE
Offer: A in Physics, A in Law/Politics (also A* Maths)
Results: A*A*AAA
How do you feel?: In shock.
Reply 18
Name: Rachel
College: Somerville
Subject: Chemistry
Offer: AAA (Chemistry, Physics & Maths)
Results: A*A*A*A*
How do you feel?: Still can't believe it, so happy though!
Reply 19
Name: Hannah
College: Worcester
Subject: Chemistry
Results: A*A*A*a
How do you feel?: Soo happy :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending