The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Who thinks the NHS is crap?

Scroll to see replies

Even if you payed for your health....People would still be making these mistakes.

id rather they make the mistakes and me not PAY for it
Reply 61
Original post by Lamps08
I agree with this completely; the dis-organised part I mean :biggrin:

haha they aren't perfect :biggrin:
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Yeah yeah ok, I was exaggerating. I stand by my ridiculous assumption nonetheless. Haters gon' hate.

And retards gon' be retards.
Reply 63
Yeah yeah ok, I was exaggerating. I stand by my ridiculous assumption nonetheless. Haters gon' hate.

Law at Kent? Enjoy your unemployment.
Original post by Nymphadorable
Oh yes, the NHS is obviously crap. I mean, who needs all that life saving treatment anyway? I'm sure doctors rejoice in maiming their patients and being landed with lawsuits, who doesn't? They're all closet sadists delighting in the pain of others! And what's with all the sick people? They make it such a drag.

The NHS, as outlined already, is flawed, but so is life. Mistakes will invariably happen and people may not get the right treatment straight away (or if at all) but in terms of ratios, for every mistake, there are literally dozens of benefits that outweigh it. You may have had a bad experience and loathe the health service with a passion, but tell that to Mr.X that is provided with vital anti-convulsant medication, or Mrs Y that is now able to walk again thanks to a hip replacement.

There's room for improvement, sure, but it's what we've got, and I think as a whole they're doing bloody well with the means at their disposal.

They actually aren't landed with punishment when they **** up often, as like many of the people in power in this country, there is a self protecting oligarchy, a mentality of unconditional deference, plus that they just use secrecy and cover up ruthlessly when they **** up, there ahve been cases you can read about.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
And retards gon' be retards.

Get over yourself and learn to chill the **** out.

Original post by Organ
Law at Kent? Enjoy your unemployment.

Sorry, who the **** are you and what do you do that's so epic if I might ask?
Original post by hslt
Anyone intelligent enough to become a doctor could earn a lot more money in other professions. .

Not true, how many could make it in, say finance, where you needed maths to high level to earn more than them? Or business, or anything else? I think that's a typical medics attitude.
Get over yourself and learn to chill the **** out.

Excuse me for objecting to your idiotic notion that "most doctors don't give a **** about their patients and were pushed into medicine by their parents". Don't cry when you get picked up for peddling *******s.
Original post by daisydaffodil
giving me a hug and promising me she'd see me first thing the next morning (as she left our house at 9pm at night, having been helping my mum continually since 6pm). The same GP gave me a present when I went to uni, was in tears when I passed my exams and this summer told me how proud she was of me.

That's a bit weird. :rolleyes:
Reply 69
Sorry, who the **** are you and what do you do that's so epic if I might ask?

I'm the guy who will be paying for your jobseekers allowance.
Excuse me for objecting to your idiotic notion that "most doctors don't give a **** about their patients and were pushed into medicine by their parents". Don't cry when you get picked up for peddling *******s.

To which I said I'd been exaggerating. It's not the end of the world and you're boring me now.

Original post by Organ
I'm the guy who will be paying for your jobseekers allowance.

And you're apparently so clever you don't even have the *******s to tell me what or where you're studying? Hooray for you Einstein.
Reply 71
Original post by Chillaxer
Not true, how many could make it in, say finance, where you needed maths to high level to earn more than them? Or business, or anything else? I think that's a typical medics attitude.

To be good at maths you need dedication, hard work and the ability to think logically. Many doctors have these qualities. To be good at finance/business you need the incentive to earn large amounts (millions) of money.

And to be honest owning a business does not require a genius it requires common sense I have met people who can barely do maths and they have their own successful businesses.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 72
And you're apparently so clever you don't even have the *******s to tell me what or where you're studying? Hooray for you Einstein.

I will be studying medicine in September. Calm down, it's only the internet.
Reply 73
The NHS is a fantastic idea, but it's been poorly managed.
Reply 74
Well let's just be greatful for what we have, because truth be told from someone who's been to a hospital in South Africa, it could be a hell of a lot worse:

Edit: Not that I don't like people happy, waving and smiling, but that's so cramped. I couldn't find a decent example lol

I don't think that is a good way he put it. Basically most people have a high expectation of docs but also a cynicism that they are in it for prestige and power much more than a concern for the patient. It's dissonance. I mean, I have a ard time believe a lot of them would agonise over the side effects of a drug having inisduous effects on someone for example, they are very relaxed prescribing. We are also all aware of te highly ambitious egotistical and imperious types who enjoy the power of it probably more than anything else. Medicine does attract similar people that you'll find in politics, for example.
Original post by Organ

I'm fully aware of that. I just despise pretentious jumped-up little pricks like yourself who put down other people for not getting 10 A* at GCSE. I've worked hard to get where I am. Pretty sure grafting and giving a **** is going to get me a lot further than your private school education and parents money.
Original post by Organ

Haha, pwnt.
Original post by Besakt
To be good at maths you need dedication, hard work and the ability to think logically. Many doctors have these qualities. To be good at finance/business you need the incentive to earn large amounts (millions) of money.

And to be honest owning a business does not require a genius it requires common sense I have met people who can barely do maths and they have their own successful businesses.

You need more than that in business. Savvy. And anyhow, loads of people can do biology and chemistry, my aunt is a GP and really struggled wit physcis though, and loads of people can;'t do Maths because, frankly, biology and chemistry can be passed by slog and rote learning and high level maths needs someone that bit sharper.
I'm fully aware of that. I just despise pretentious jumped-up little pricks like yourself who put down other people for not getting 10 A* at GCSE. I've worked hard to get where I am. Pretty sure grafting and giving a **** is going to get me a lot further than your private school education and parents money.

You're just embarrasing yourself now.

Latest

Trending

Trending