The Student Room Group

Should I tell my girlfriend I kissed another girl whilst drunk?

Scroll to see replies

Chances are she has probably kissed or slept with someone else. I wouldn't worry about it.
Considering she's most likely kissed another guy I struggle on seeing a problem.
Maybe if you'd told her soon after doing it, but as it's been a few months you may as well leave it. If you tell her now she's going to wonder why it's taken you so long to admit to it and all sorts will be going through her mind...

I agree with being honest in a relationship, but the fact that you've kept it from her for so long will make her think that:
1) You're not telling her because you care about her it's just you can't deal with the guilt.
or
2) You're still thinking about the kiss, so possibly it means more than you're letting on.
Original post by cloppy
I don't think you should tell her. Honesty is not always the best policy my friend, and it will cause so very many problems to the relationship (especially since it sounds like a pretty full-on one). And I doubt she'll hear it from your friends, unless they're complete simpletons.

Had it been more than a drunken kiss, I'd say otherwise. Everyone feels the call of their loins once in a while, it's just nature telling you to spread your seeds. Just don't make it a habit!

I think he should tell her, because it's on the back on his mind and he will never forget about it.
I say whatever happens, HAPPENS.
People do things like this, and then they forget about it.
ALTHOUGH on the other hand, people do things like this, and a relationship comes to a hault.
Everything happens for a reason, so do whatever your mind says.
Reply 44
Thanks for the responses everyone - seems that everyone is as split as I am...

Interested to see that a few of you think she probably has kissed someone/cheated as well - I'd like to think she hasn't but she probably thinks the same about me. Is it really that common?
Reply 45
Meant nothing, dont for gods sake. If she stays with you she will never trust you. What she doesnt know wont hurt her. I would rather not know personally
Reply 46
Just tell her , its bound to get out there someday !
Reply 47
Tell her - it'll probably get out via your friends or you slipping up. And even if it doesn't you'll feel guilty about it until you tell her. This wouldn't be the right advice for everyone, but I believe it is for you, given the information I have. It's much better you tell her straight after than a few weeks on.
Reply 48
Original post by failingatm
:angry: as a girl I would like it if my bf be honest to me

But it says you're a boy?
Reply 49
If it happens again, you shouldnt be with her. If a guy cheats and it's 'just a kiss', next thing they know they're drunkenly having sex with others. For now, though, I wouldn't tell her.
if I were your girlfriend, I'd forgive you if you told me yourself and showed you were genuinely sorry. Sometimes things like this can strengthen your relationship with your girlfriend, like make you appreciate her more. But I dunno, maybe she isn't as forgiving. If there is no way of her finding out then don't tell her. But don't take that risk - it sounds a lot better coming from you than your mate.
Reply 51
As a girl, I would much rather be told by my boyfriend rather than finding out from someone else.
Reply 52
Original post by failingatm
I'm a girl, just put it up as the symbol.

Ok cool stuff.
Original post by AKWxxx
But it says you're a boy?

Failingatm is male. :pierre: Just a total nutter.
Reply 54
That all depends. Would you want her to tell you if she kissed another guy?
Original post by TurkeyProphet
Chances are she has probably kissed or slept with someone else. I wouldn't worry about it.

Original post by ShadowConspiracy
Considering she's most likely kissed another guy I struggle on seeing a problem.

So you're justifying his unfaithfulness with the reason: "She's probably done it herself."
If you can't see how warped your way of thinking is then I feel sorry for you. You're the type of people who give good guys a bad rep.
Ignorance is bliss.
Reply 57
If you were my boyfriend I would want you to tell me. Even if it would upset me I would rather know. :smile:
Original post by An Aspiring Guy
So you're justifying his unfaithfulness with the reason: "She's probably done it herself."
If you can't see how warped your way of thinking is then I feel sorry for you. You're the type of people who give good guys a bad rep.

I never claimed to be a good guy. What is this?
Original post by TurkeyProphet
I never claimed to be a good guy. What is this?

I'll dumb it down for you: your way of thinking is warped and it make decent guys [who don't think in such a sick way] look bad. I never suggested you were a good guy to begin with. Comprende?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending