The Student Room Group

For those of us waiting on the postman.

A lot of people have their results now... unfortunately, I didn't sign up for the text or email, simply because I like ripping open that envelope. :lol:

Is anyone else around here still waiting on their results, and how are we feeling about it? :s-smilie:

EDIT: I forgot to say GOOD LUCK everyone! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm waiting on the electronic postman... rather hoping he'll be here today rather than tomorrow, but I'm not that hopeful by any means.
Reply 2
Original post by Armaros
I'm waiting on the electronic postman... rather hoping he'll be here today rather than tomorrow, but I'm not that hopeful by any means.

I think I heard of a couple of people getting their emails today. Maybe the SQA will send them all out after today's mix up.
Reply 3
I'm old school like yourself, opening the envelope will be nerve-wracking. My mail doesn't usually arrive until 12 noon so I hope my UCAS track updates in time
Reply 4
Original post by burial
I'm old school like yourself, opening the envelope will be nerve-wracking. My mail doesn't usually arrive until 12 noon so I hope my UCAS track updates in time

Mine arrives late too. Last year I had to endure texts from my friends getting their results while I waited for mine, it was torture!
Reply 5
I'm an envelope person! I wanted to have the experience of waiting for the postman to come and opening the envelope and seeing all of my subjects in full detail (after seeing one of my friend's texts, I discovered that you don't receive a breakdown of your results e.g grade for writing / close reading etc). However, now that almost everyone has received their results, I want to know mine too! :frown:
Reply 6
I am frankly,terrified.I was feeling pretty okay about it yesterday,then what had been light nerves gave way to full on feeling sick panic.By that rather melodramatic paragraph there,you can probably tell I am not expecting good news.Especially where H English is concerned.Hoping for an A in H German though.
Reply 7
I'm terrified about Higher Maths. Yes, I'm feeling really sick too, especially after eating with butterflies in my stomach.
Reply 8
I'm also terrified. My dad knows one of the postmen in my area quite well, and should hopefully drop them off here at a decent time.

I'm so unsure of what to expect :/ if I get in, I won't shut up about it!
Reply 9
Original post by burial
I'm also terrified. My dad knows one of the postmen in my area quite well, and should hopefully drop them off here at a decent time.

I'm so unsure of what to expect :/ if I get in, I won't shut up about it!

My dad used to BE the postman... How I wish he still was!! :frown:

Think positive, and good luck for tomorrow!!
Reply 10
Original post by kirstyhr
My dad used to BE the postman... How I wish he still was!! :frown:

Think positive, and good luck for tomorrow!!

Thanks, I'm fairly confident but my Facebook is full of nervous folk or those who got results!

My college tutor wrote on my page saying "Enjoy tomorrow" so I can't tell if he's being tongue in cheek/cryptic -he knows my results - or is just taking the mick!
Reply 11
OK I'm seriously bricking it now.
Reply 12
Im so nervous, I have a conditional of 4 B's, i dont think im gona sleep tonight :frown:
Reply 13
My postman used to come at 5pm. Although for a stint I lived in a place that received it's mail at 7am on the dot every morning.
Reply 14
Original post by burial
Thanks, I'm fairly confident but my Facebook is full of nervous folk or those who got results!

My college tutor wrote on my page saying "Enjoy tomorrow" so I can't tell if he's being tongue in cheek/cryptic -he knows my results - or is just taking the mick!

Oh, I really I hope he's being genuinely nice to you. If not, then he's rather cruel, isn't he?
Reply 15
Original post by kirstyhr
Oh, I really I hope he's being genuinely nice to you. If not, then he's rather cruel, isn't he?

I got into my Firm, so maybe he knew?! Regardless, I am overjoyed right now. Hope you do well, if you are awaiting results :biggrin:
Reply 16
Every time someone walks past the window I have a minor heart attack thinking it's the postwoman!
Good luck to everyone still waiting and 'gratz to people who got what they wanted :yy:
Reply 18
ARRGH I can't believe my postman is so slow. I'm seriously considering drafting a letter of complaint to my local MSP.
Reply 19
I'm still waiting too... it's killing me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending