The Student Room Group

Where/how will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

I'll probaly arrive around 10-12 o'clock so no one will be around. Thiis will leave me under less pressure.
Original post by Bluebell2525
In front of friends? With parents? Ripped open the moment you get them? Read one by one?

I know I'll need a completely secluded setting as I just won't have the heart to disguise the inevitable disappointment and 'FML' moment I will experience...

just pick them up from school have a chat while i open and then walk home.
Reply 42
We get given them in an envelope and have to open them in front of the teacher that hands it to us. I did this at GCSE open my results just said *meh*. Went back home went to sleep. There was literally nobody around when I opened mine beside like two teachers. I got told to stay for pictures but was too tired so I thought sod it.
I plan to do the same for AS.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by laughylolly

Original post by laughylolly
Yeah, luckily I was.

That's good to hear. :p:
Reply 44
I don't know, I might just get my mum to get them from school and give me them in the car.

The thing is, I'd probably be just as happy if I got loads of A*'s as I would be if I got mainly B's and C's, so I'm not really worried about my reaction(I'm fairly expressionless 99% of the time), I just think it'd be really awkward seeing everyone after like 2 months and I look really different(lost a load of weight, dyed my hair, etc.) and I think I kind of want to move on from them all :s-smilie:. I've removed most of them off Facebook and I actually deleted my Facebook for a good while so I've not really kept in contact with any one there.

I don't know...

Either way I think I'll be relatively indifferent to the results I get.

EMZ=]
Reply 45
I'm just going to rip open the envelope as soon as I get it. But then I'll probably run into a corner on my own as I'm reading them.

Typing this makes me nervous about results day!
If none of my closest friends are there yet then I will open them in a locked loo cubicle. If they're good, I'll come running out and ring my parents. If they're bad, I'll sit on the loo for a bit (seat cover down of course) have a good cry and a snivel, then ring my dad.... Will have to keep it a secret from my mum for as long as possible haha :s-smilie:

If my best friends are there I will open it with them, and then I'll go to the loo cubicle if they're bad
Reply 47
Not sure, as adrenaline and nerves will, in combination, probably make me behave unpredictably. But the plan is to rip open the envelope as fast as is humanly possible, probably irreparably damaging the contents in my haste. I will then read them one by one, then look at the marks all together, then repeat the above process between ten and fifteen times, hopefully with a gleeful and somewhat childish grin on my face. Or sink into a foul mood if they are bad. Then I will text my girlfriend and ask what she got :smile:
I'm going to wait till my friends have opened theirs and see how good/bad their's are. Then I'll go somewhere quiet and open them.

I feel sick just thinking about it.
I'll open the envelope slowly and carefully because I can never open it properly without ripping it sometimes >.<

According to my school, every year 11 student must go to the hall if they want their results, so I might as well open it there with everyone else. If I do badly, I'll quietly leave whilst everyone else is celebrating, but if I do good (which I doubt it), then I'll stick around, maybe jump for joy or maybe hug someone tightly.
Got my results 4 years ago. Was asked to open it then and there in front of the teacher so they could fill in this stupid survey. Twas tragic
Original post by Bluebell2525
In front of friends? With parents? Ripped open the moment you get them? Read one by one?

I know I'll need a completely secluded setting as I just won't have the heart to disguise the inevitable disappointment and 'FML' moment I will experience...

Just dont go with friends, i.e arrive so late everybodys gone
People will be going in late to avoid everyone else, so I'll go in as early as possible to avoid everyone avoiding everyone else. :smug:

I will open them alone or with a couple of good friends. :biggrin:
Reply 53
Running to my friends while opening the envelope and probably ripping my results sheet because I'm so excited to open it and am in a rush.
Reply 54
I'll be opening them in school with friends. Probably. That was the plan with GCSE but everyone else took too long to find theirs so I just opened mine as soon as I could and had to lean against a wall when I realized I'd actually passed everything including maths :') and gotten a few A's. But then nearly all of my friends cried over theirs apart from the super smart ones which wasn't nice, seeing them so upset when I was so happy.

This year though I'm predicting myself BBCD, which isn't exactly brilliant is it? Oh God, I'm going to be crying all over my teachers :s can't cope with how nervous I am! I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it, I'm going to be pathetic on the day before and I'm going to Alton Towers :'( I'll be having panic attacks on Oblivion...
Original post by Emor
I don't know, I might just get my mum to get them from school and give me them in the car.

The thing is, I'd probably be just as happy if I got loads of A*'s as I would be if I got mainly B's and C's, so I'm not really worried about my reaction(I'm fairly expressionless 99% of the time), I just think it'd be really awkward seeing everyone after like 2 months and I look really different(lost a load of weight, dyed my hair, etc.) and I think I kind of want to move on from them all :s-smilie:. I've removed most of them off Facebook and I actually deleted my Facebook for a good while so I've not really kept in contact with any one there.

I don't know...

Either way I think I'll be relatively indifferent to the results I get.

EMZ=]

woah, steel.
Reply 56
Original post by RoseRequiem
I always plan to open mine by myself, but end up ripping it open with all my friends - so we tend to experience all of the emotion together :smile: Some of us did get upset last year, but we had each other at that moment for support, it was really nice. This year I'll be so nervous though :s-smilie: My school only opens at half 9, and I know some others open at 8. I'll be a nervous wreck all night!

you already have A*AB A2 right? you definitely be fine. I'm getting more too well one more AS planning to continue it to A2 this coming year. I wont get mine untii I arrive home from my cookery course at 6pm so it'll be opened in the same place as last year but just at a later time with shaking hands and legs....
Reply 57
...oh and if its a white envelope I'll be less nervous. brown makes me nervous. Why is this?
Where? Probably in the school hall. I'll open then with my friends. Then we'll either avow to get drunk in celebration or avow to drown our sorrows together.

How? Most likely in floods of tears when I don't have the grade I want in chemistry. Then I'll probably go and cry to my parents. Then I'll get over it. I know I tried my absolute hardest and couldn't have done any more, so if I haven't done as well I hoped then it just wasn't meant to be. That's life :smile:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH pretty much sums up my feelings towards results day! Oh the dread- how I wish these were AS results when I could still resit and not A2's :'(
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Emor

She will need written permission

Quick Reply

Latest