The Student Room Group

Where/how will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I let a friend open mine in the March results. Whatever happens, happens I guess.
Reply 61
I just hope I get my UCAS email before I go and get my results so I have enough time to mentally prepare myself for whatever the outcome will be :s-smilie: especially as the newspaper and local news are going to be stalking people this year, I just hope I can stay out the way of them.
Reply 62
When I went to go and get my GCSE results last year, the headteacher had decided that it would be a brilliant idea to get the TV cameras in so they could film our looks of disappointment/happiness when we opened them, and broadcast it later on the regional news. Needless to say, I half-ran in, found my envelope, and half-ran back out with my head bowed, opening the envelope in the process. I plan to do something similar this year. I can't bring myself to hang around with people that day, especially as they're likely to have better results :s-smilie:
Reply 63
For GCSEs I found an empty classroom and opened them by myself and then found my friends to find how they did .... meh, worked for me :smile:
Reply 64
I might open them on the Underground and sob onto a stranger.
Well my sister is driving me to school that day so I'm grabbing the envelope and walking straight out of the school. I've told myself I'll open them in the car with her but I'll most likely rip them open as I'm walking towards her car. Really only want my maths result.
wake up, be sick, get a lift to school, walk straight in to the hall, collect the envelope, don't look anyone in the face, open envelope, run home, cry about how I should've revised more, be sick again.
Reply 67
I always open them with friends because it definitely eases the shock. If I fail, I wouldn't want to be on my own to drown in my own regret... and if I pass, I'd like someone to spazz with.
Original post by hellomoto170
OH MY GOD really?! So potentially if you do really well, your teacher will be smiling at you the whole time as you walk into school to collect your results! That could be an indication as to how well I did, I'm gonna stare into my teachers eyes before opening. :biggrin:

Ha ha might try that too. Will grab my envelope, meet my parents in town and open it over lunch. If I've miserably failed will cry in a corner lol.
Reply 69
I will stand on the edge of a cliff.
Going to get my results online. Firstly going to check UCAS Track at 6am in case it has updated, if not, then checking my results at that time :-)
I opened my results on my own, but in the room with others around me (if that makes sense!) I had just witnessed my friend essentially crying with happiness at hers, so I was a little uneasy. I was surprisingly calm though, opened them, scanned through and then celebrated with the others! :smile: This year however, I think I'll grab them and go! Haha! I'm feeling more uneasy this year! Eeek!
I got my GCSEs over the phone from school in my kitchen. Which was awful, the line was busy and when I got through I was literally shaking, and then realised I didn't have anything to write on or with and couldn't find a pen or paper ANYWHERE. Ended up writing on the counter with my mums lipstick :P I find out IB online though thank god.
(edited 11 years ago)
My school signed up to AS results online so I will be with my best friend in an internet cafe in Paris.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 74
Open them in a part of the room by myself. Hopefully I get no bad grades, else I won't show anyone haha.
Me and my friends say 'We'll open them together' when the time comes we walk up to each other and find out none of us could wait :lol:
Last year I got mine and they were open seconds later as soon as I left the line :lol:
God. So glad I don't have to deal with this for another two years! But at my school, the results (grades) are posted on the notice board, and they're listed by candidate number so, technically, you can't tell which results are whose.
But I think we get the exact marks along with our certificates later on or something... We do CIE IGCSEs, so maybe that's why it's different?

Original post by Calllu-m
I got my GCSEs over the phone from school in my kitchen. Which was awful, the line was busy and when I got through I was literally shaking, and then realised I didn't have anything to write on or with and couldn't find a pen or paper ANYWHERE. Ended up writing on the counter with my mums lipstick :P I find out IB online though thank god.

I'd die if I had to receive any exam results over the phone. I'd keep thinking I'd misheard! BTW, are you going to be doing Arabic ab initio, or have you done it at GCSE/IB? Just curious, cause I'm looking for people doing Arabic!
Run in Depends if my friends are there as il probs get a lift, if they are i might open up there and then or if not go home :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'll probably go very early into school with a friend, collect my results and go home (we both want to do this). Then, if I get results I'm proud of I'll happily respond to the texts I'll be receiving asking me what results I got and if I get results I'm not too fond of I'll probably pretend my phone was broken or something lol. When I get the envelope I'll probably open it really carefully and neatly as I often do and then cover each grade with some paper and unveil each grade slowly so I have time to think about how well I've done.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Proabably at school because I need to tell my teacher which subject I'm going to drop (or all of them :eek:)

Quick Reply

Latest