The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln university equestrian team !!

Is there anyone doing quine subjects at lincoln uni (or even other subjects) that is thinking of joining the equestrian team?

I heard from a friend that you have to pass a test to get in along the lines of
jumping a 1m showjumping course +
completing a dressage test
these are both apparently done on the university horses...

does anyone have any more information on this or thinking of taking their own horse with them? Jamee :smile:
Reply 1
I was hoping to join the team as well, but I'm not actually studying an equine/animal related subject. I assumed you didn't have to be :s-smilie:

I don't have my own horse or anything, just experience and the will to continue with my hobby at the uni. I guessed I would just see what info they give us at Fresher's week.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
No apparently you dont have to be in a related subject you just have to be up to a certain standard of riding ability, I also heard its not very welcoming at the uni stables if you are not apart of the riseholme/animal studies group.
well Ill have to find out myself i guess if i make it into lincoln, and yeh thats what im going to do, just ask around about it on freshers week.
There is a seperate equestrian socety, for people of all abilities and studying all courses, BUT it's quite expensive. As you'd expect.
Reply 4
see, i'm doing equine science but really don't want to join. i know it's not compulsory or anything. i may do when i'm there as i'm not taking my horse so maybe a total culture shock not riding! but i'm so looking forward to a life less revolved around horses, even if it is only for a year as my horse may join me on my second and third years.
Reply 5
im hoping to do equine management and training and i am bringing my horse with me :smile:
i would like to try for the team from what i remember they have 3 teams of different levels, and think the highest height for sj is 2ft 9 not 1m unless im wrong, but yeah bit gutted you cant use you're own horse but i spose it will all be good fun!
That is some posh shiznit........
Reply 7
I am going to Lincoln in sept just got my unconditional **yay** doing bio-vet science, have had horses for the past 12 years and am selling my horse before going to uni so i would love to join the equestrian team as i think i would go mad without some horsey stuff!
Reply 8
Oh my god, I must be the only person who rides that doesn't actually own a horse :colondollar: Starting to worry now that I'm going to be looked down at, even though I have experience. From what I read on the societies/teams page it sounded quite welcoming!
Reply 9
maybe won't join if it's under a metre. hmm. don't worry miruza, i think there'll be plenty of people like me, who although owning a horse isn't taking it to uni. currently trying to find a nice stallion to put her to, and quickly before it's too late!!
Reply 10
Original post by Miruza
Oh my god, I must be the only person who rides that doesn't actually own a horse :colondollar: Starting to worry now that I'm going to be looked down at, even though I have experience. From what I read on the societies/teams page it sounded quite welcoming!

Hey its the jamee who started the thread just made a new account :smile: .... Dont worry chick, I have 2 horses and im taking neither, trying out for it to keep horses on the agenda :smile: but I would never look down on anyone who doesnt have horses

... anyone that looks down on you are just jealous or just a prick, go for it :tongue: Hopefully ill see you there :biggrin: good luck!
Reply 11
Original post by JameeB
Hey its the jamee who started the thread just made a new account :smile: .... Dont worry chick, I have 2 horses and im taking neither, trying out for it to keep horses on the agenda :smile: but I would never look down on anyone who doesnt have horses

... anyone that looks down on you are just jealous or just a prick, go for it :tongue: Hopefully ill see you there :biggrin: good luck!

Ah good, thanks for the reassurance. See you there too! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Miruza

Original post by Miruza

Don't worry! It will be fun to be on a team it docent matter if you don't have your own horse it will be nice to be part of something where everyone has the same interests !!!
Reply 13
Can anyone help me out, I need to get to Riseholme on Sunday for the tryouts and I'm not sure what the best way to do this is. Apparently the usual bus doesn't run on weekends.

Quick Reply

Latest