The Student Room Group

Retaking modules in AS (medicine)

If I get a B in a subject/module and intend to study medicine, would UCL/Imperial mind me retaking the specific modules?

Thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kashkadi
If I get a B in a subject/module and intend to study medicine, would UCL/Imperial mind me retaking the specific modules?

Thanks

On looking at the UCL website, they don't mention any problems with re-sits.
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate-study/degrees/ugprogs/UBMMEDSING01
As you can see, they're more interested in personal statements, references, BMAT scores, interview performance, etc.

On looking at the Imperial website, it looks as though they consider re-sit candidates too.

You could e-mail them to make sure.
No. So long as you take all your modules within 2 years, no medical school should discriminate against you, except perhaps Cambridge who may or may not look at retakes, but I'm not sure about them.
Reply 3
Original post by Hippysnake
No. So long as you take all your modules within 2 years, no medical school should discriminate against you, except perhaps Cambridge who may or may not look at retakes, but I'm not sure about them.

Thanks, where did you get this information from? because I can't seem to find it anywhere...
Original post by kashkadi
Thanks, where did you get this information from? because I can't seem to find it anywhere...

From being on TSR too long. Believe me, if retaking modules put you at a disadvantage then half of the current medical student population wouldn't have made it in!

Quick Reply

Latest