The Student Room Group

Where Do You Send The Application Form For Your First Provisional Driving License?

Where do you send the application form for a provisional driving license? The little booklet you get with the form just tells you where you can send it if you want to use the "premium checking service" and where to send payment but do you actually send the form to swansea too?
Reply 1
Its better to just go to the post office, have it checked to eliminate any errors and they do the rest. :smile:
Agreeing with popeyesurfs, take it down to the post office and they will sort it out for you - I have no idea how these things work and that's what I did. I also sent a cheque. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Unknown?
Where do you send the application form for a provisional driving license? The little booklet you get with the form just tells you where you can send it if you want to use the "premium checking service" and where to send payment but do you actually send the form to swansea too?

The application form comes as a two page booklet, one page is the form and the other page has some guidance (including the cost of the license and the address to send it to) which you tear of before sending.

The address is DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD
(note - that particular post code is only for provisional applications)

Or you could take it into the Post Office if you have a valid UK passport and we can check it and send it off special delivery for £4, which is a decent deal considering it'd be £5.45 for special delivery alone. If you don't have a valid UK passport then you need to include some ID (I used my birth certificate and national insurance card) with the form and get it countersigned (remember to get them to sign the back of the photo too).

Source: I work at the Post Office and am magic.
Reply 4
DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD

I send so many bloody log books off to these ****ers I've got the address memorised!
Please can you give me the address of post office where to go for total cross-checking before posting it
The form need to be cross checked to avoid any error before sending it finally, so which of the post to go for cross checking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending