The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Clearing 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by mkb230
Let me tell you that I won't get the grades to go to DMU. That's one less place to worry about :smile:

im sure you have done better than u think you have :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by hahaff
im sure you have done better than u think you have :biggrin:

Trust me if I have then I would ask them to release me. So either way I will not be going to DMU :wink: Don't even know why I picked it in the first place to be honest but it was either Pharmacy at DMU or Biomedical science at Kings College London.
Reply 62
Went into clearing for pharmacy last year, DMU and others still had places going. Turned it down and had a gap year instead at the end of it all.. No idea how competitive it will be this year though, sorry!
Reply 63
Original post by Jambo
Went into clearing for pharmacy last year, DMU and others still had places going. Turned it down and had a gap year instead at the end of it all.. No idea how competitive it will be this year though, sorry!

did you apply through clearing
if yes which unis did u apply to and what grades did you have
Reply 64
Original post by hahaff
nice
if i dont get into firm /insurance then i hope to get into pharmacy through clearing

i surprised to see them in clearings, they are rated 2nd for pharmacy.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2011/may/17/university-guide-pharmacy-pharmacology
Reply 65
Original post by mathsclown
Possibility for UEA to go into clearing (not sure theyll lower their requirements or if I want to go that far) will be announced here:

http://www.uea.ac.uk/mac/admissions/clearing/clearingvacancies

Ive been there for an openday and its a wonderful uni but it is quite far from where I live :/

im surprised to see them in clearings, they're ranked 2nd in pharmacy...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2011/may/17/university-guide-pharmacy-pharmacology
Original post by Tariq786
im surprised to see them in clearings, they're ranked 2nd in pharmacy...

I was thinking the same, on the site it does say TBC so it's not confirmed, but even if it does get confirmed i'm guessing most unsuccessful medicine applicants will ring them up as soon as they see it, nice place and a great uni but too far away for me.
Reply 67
I was thinking the same, on the site it does say TBC so it's not confirmed, but even if it does get confirmed i'm guessing most unsuccessful medicine applicants will ring them up as soon as they see it, nice place and a great uni but too far away for me.

its unlikely that entry requirements will go down with UEA it would stay the same or might increase
Reply 68
Original post by hahaff
its unlikely that entry requirements will go down with UEA it would stay the same or might increase

True. I've already got ABB in chemistry, biology and product design.

And i told her I've done 3rd year and I'm predicted A in bio, A Maths AS and B in Physics AS. Then she told me, considering your grades, you've got a chance for an phone interview.....
True. I've already got ABB in chemistry, biology and product design.

And i told her I've done 3rd year and I'm predicted A in bio, A Maths AS and B in Physics AS. Then she told me, considering your grades, you've got a chance for an phone interview.....

That is great! :smile: Hope you get the place and have a great time at UEA.
Reply 70
That is great! :smile: Hope you get the place and have a great time at UEA.

Yh thats the thing. I really wanted to go to London. Cause i really love the whole busy sort of atmosphere. And this is the total opposite. UEA is in the middle of NOWHERE lol. I'm just hoping Manchester or Aston have some places...cause I don't think i'll survive in UAE. :redface:

p.s. I've read this thread and i don't wanna sound like a complete ungrateful douche. I feel for you guys, who are having a great deal of trouble getting a place and I hope at the end ,you all of you get what you want! :crossedf:
Yh thats the thing. I really wanted to go to London. Cause i really love the whole busy sort of atmosphere. And this is the total opposite. UEA is in the middle of NOWHERE lol. I'm just hoping Manchester or Aston have some places...cause I don't think i'll survive in UAE. :redface:

p.s. I've read this thread and i don't wanna sound like a complete ungrateful douche. I feel for you guys, who are having a great deal of trouble getting a place and I hope at the end ,you all of you get what you want! :crossedf:

Not at all, it's great to see the grades youve achieved and with grades like that you do deserve to be at a top uni :smile:

I took a year out to push my grades up to ABB or AAB, I got BCC last August, I resat in January and pushed up 2 subject grades to B's then I planned to do 2 chemistry retakes and 2 bio retakes in June, to push up to A's but then at the last minute I had to cancel as a lot of unexpected things happened in the family :/ I was only 30ums marks away from A's in both subjects.

Oh well lol just have to look ahead now, but one thing I learned from the retakes I did was that I am capable of achieving high grades, at school I never worked hard and teachers never encouraged me so I never knew what I was capable of as I never put my head down except for Jan retakes (got A in all of my retakes) -.- my aim now is to finish off my education with a First! :smile: Good luck all for tomorrow!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by hahaff
did you apply through clearing
if yes which unis did u apply to and what grades did you have

Yeah I had a bit of a mad rush and applied/got accepted at De Montfort.

Think Medway, Portsmouth and Keele also had places from memory.

Got ABB, missed my offer for Bath by four marks in Biology... Got in this year though.
Just got an email from Bradford, no indication on whether or not they will enter clearing but it does say they will be looking for 3 Bs
Reply 74
im finished have you seen the grade boundaries :frown:
Reply 75
Original post by hahaff
im finished have you seen the grade boundaries :frown:

Same FML :angry: Completely expected of AQA
Reply 76
Original post by mkb230
Same FML :angry: Completely expected of AQA

the chemistry boundaries for chem2 79 for an A:eek: its usually 70 max

only thing im happy is with maths boundaries are low otherwise id be well mad:mad:

not happy with the way the bio1,bio5,chem2 are made
hoping aqa made a mistake with these boundaries
Reply 77
Just got an email from Bradford, no indication on whether or not they will enter clearing but it does say they will be looking for 3 Bs

that probably means they would reject applicants who do not get BBB that will include me
have you seen the aqa bio and chem boundaries FML
Reply 78
Original post by hahaff
the chemistry boundaries for chem2 79 for an A:eek: its usually 70 max

only thing im happy is with maths boundaries are low otherwise id be well mad:mad:

not happy with the way the bio1,bio5,chem2 are made
hoping aqa made a mistake with these boundaries

OCR MEI maths grade boundaries are okay too but the grade boundaries for AQA Biol 4+5 and Chem 4+5 are very high compared to last year.
Reply 79
Original post by mkb230
OCR MEI maths grade boundaries are okay too but the grade boundaries for AQA Biol 4+5 and Chem 4+5 are very high compared to last year.

aqa maths are really low this year
i think i did okay in chem5
luckily for me i didnt do bio4 chem4 in june but did do chem5 bio5 in june
bio5 has finished me stupid papayas

Quick Reply