Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ramadam problem.

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014

It's ramadan and every year my mum complains about how she has to do all the housework during the month and gets no help at all. She gets annoyed every year over the fact. Now this year as my sister has got a job and it's just me and my brother at home I decided to give my mum a break and do all the chores she's been doing, myself. So for the past 3 days I've cooking, cleaning, doing all the housework, ironing etc the works basically. Today I go downstairs to the kitchen and find my mum making breakfast for my brother and forcing him to eat something that she knows I can't make. I then attempt to do the housework and she comes rushing down from upstairs to stop me with a stupid excuse that she has to clean the vacuum cleaner. My brother has been complaining and pissing me off frankly about how last nights pizza wasn't cooked right, IT WAS!! I've been making a real effort these past 3 days to do my best and give my mum a break, but no one is appreciating it. I'm constantly being criticised for what I do, my mums annoying me, like right now she's cleaning the whole house just to show me she can do it better. It's ridiculous, she complains about not getting help and when I do help you don't like it! URGHH! I'm a guy btw, and an atheist hence why I am not fasting and brother is young and is at work all day and comes back from the office late because of meetings etc. So annoying, it's really making me sad. I just went down to dust the shelves and mum goes, you don't use that cloth to clean and making a stupid excuse that it's the wrong polish to clean the house. FFS THERE'S ONLY ONE POLISH IN THE HOUSE!!! Urgh soo annoying, hate it!
    What should I do. Sorry it's long.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    People like to do things sometimes even though they complain about them. Though you've already worked that out... You're just letting some steam off on TSR
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do what I do, clean when she's not there. Like what I do for example, say she goes out shopping and you are at home, hoover the house whilst she's away, or clean the dishes or something. so when she's back, she'll have less work
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I know how you feel. Well I'm not as good as you, I don't cook but I've been doing alot of housework. Just let your mum rant, and take little notice, she's probably just feeling her fasts. Atleast you can say you've played your part.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    Do what I do, clean when she's not there. Like what I do for example, say she goes out shopping and you are at home, hoover the house whilst she's away, or clean the dishes or something. so when she's back, she'll have less work
    this too
    I prefer to clean when mums not there so she can't complain, or get in the way, and its nice for her to come to a clean house
    yet, i like her to see me work, or else she doesn't really acknowledge i've done anything, as its just expected cos i'm a girl
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's ramadan and every year my mum complains about how she has to do all the housework during the month and gets no help at all. She gets annoyed every year over the fact. Now this year as my sister has got a job and it's just me and my brother at home I decided to give my mum a break and do all the chores she's been doing, myself. So for the past 3 days I've cooking, cleaning, doing all the housework, ironing etc the works basically. Today I go downstairs to the kitchen and find my mum making breakfast for my brother and forcing him to eat something that she knows I can't make. I then attempt to do the housework and she comes rushing down from upstairs to stop me with a stupid excuse that she has to clean the vacuum cleaner. My brother has been complaining and pissing me off frankly about how last nights pizza wasn't cooked right, IT WAS!! I've been making a real effort these past 3 days to do my best and give my mum a break, but no one is appreciating it. I'm constantly being criticised for what I do, my mums annoying me, like right now she's cleaning the whole house just to show me she can do it better. It's ridiculous, she complains about not getting help and when I do help you don't like it! URGHH! I'm a guy btw, and an atheist hence why I am not fasting and brother is young and is at work all day and comes back from the office late because of meetings etc. So annoying, it's really making me sad. I just went down to dust the shelves and mum goes, you don't use that cloth to clean and making a stupid excuse that it's the wrong polish to clean the house. FFS THERE'S ONLY ONE POLISH IN THE HOUSE!!! Urgh soo annoying, hate it!
    What should I do. Sorry it's long.
    If your mum is asian the sooner you realise asian parents need an excuse to moan the better. They're not exactly going to be thankful and applaude your efforts, mines do but most asian parents don't.

Tell her you're trying your best, and if she starts complaining that your not doing something right ask her how to do it properly so she can't complain again.
    Do they know you're not fasting?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol at Ramadam.

Ask her to show you how to do it. And then say "oh wow, thanks mum. Now I know I'll be good at cleaning because you taught me so well". Sort of like sucking up but only so she can let you clean the house. :dry:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boo hoo

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 6, 2011
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.