The Student Room Group

Need help regarding higher choices going into 6th year (after receiving results)

I'm pleased with my 5th year results first of all :smile: However i failed one of my highers and got a C in another, personally i feel like i should retake the C subject because i could easily bump it up a grade or two but it would make more sense to resit the one i failed (which i absolutely hated) so would it be best to rid my record of the fail or just improve the C? :smile:
Reply 1
Also it would work better taking the C subject as i won't have to change any of my current subjects.
Take whichever subject you feel you can do better in and will enjoy doing, unless you need a particular subject for university entrance in which case you'll have to take that one. If you really hated the one you failed but feel you could do better in the one you got a C in, then you may as well just retake the C grade to see if you can bump it up to an A or a B as this would probably cause you less stress and save more time than if you were just redoing a subject you hated for the sake of it.
Reply 3
Original post by pepperss
I'm pleased with my 5th year results first of all :smile: However i failed one of my highers and got a C in another, personally i feel like i should retake the C subject because i could easily bump it up a grade or two but it would make more sense to resit the one i failed (which i absolutely hated) so would it be best to rid my record of the fail or just improve the C? :smile:

Retake the C subject. If you hated the subject you failed, you'll hate it even more the second time around. You aren't going to do the subject at uni either, are you? Plus, you'll find that having another A or B is much better for your UCAS application than another C, if you even manage to pass this time.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
This was posted at the start of the year. The OP has long since made their decision.
Reply 5
Original post by TheUnbeliever
This was posted at the start of the year. The OP has long since made their decision.

That it was. I have no idea why it came up. I just clicked, read and commented.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending