The Student Room Group

Good Television Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by Deshi
My favourite show that's still on TV atm (tied with Jusitfied), I'm guessing there's not much discussion because it's got his own thread which is pretty active.

So I've tried getting into it twice before, but both times I stopped somewhere during the pilot (not quite sure why). Tried again today, just watched the second episode and ****ing loving it. I'm expecting awesome things from Arya
Reply 501
Original post by Christien

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pheylan
So I've tried getting into it twice before, but both times I stopped somewhere during the pilot (not quite sure why). Tried again today, just watched the second episode and ****ing loving it. I'm expecting awesome things from Arya

It's awesome, and it just keeps on getting better throughout the season. I never read usually but after watching that show I couldn't be bothered to wait another year to find out what happens so I bought the books and have nearly finished them :colondollar:
Reply 502
I don't watch made in chelsea/take me out/towie etc. but just because something is commercially popular does not mean it is "bad" TV. Just because you feel superior to others by following more "alternative" programmes does not give you the right to trample on other people's interests.

It's threads like these that make me POSITIVE that most of you are not getting laid.
Reply 503
Where do I know the guy in the middle from?

Reply 504
Original post by Pheylan

What show is this? Didn't the woman on the right used to be in Hollyoaks?
Reply 505
Original post by Pheylan

Casualty?
Reply 506
Original post by Roobsa
What show is this? Didn't the woman on the right used to be in Hollyoaks?

Game of Thrones. And yeah she was.
Reply 507
Original post by Deshi
Casualty?

Yup! Thanks. From the days before I discovered downloading TV shows lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 508
Original post by Deshi
Game of Thrones. And yeah she was.

Ahh OK. Might give that a go based on that screenshot. :p:

That guy was also in Dead Set and Waterloo Road (thanks to IMDB).
Original post by Roobsa
Didn't the woman on the right used to be in Hollyoaks?

She played Louise didn't she? such a fittie :sexface:
Last 4 episodes of season 4 of Breaking Bad :coma:
Reply 511
Original post by Roobsa
Ahh OK. Might give that a go based on that screenshot. :p:

That guy was also in Dead Set and Waterloo Road (thanks to IMDB).

She has some :sexface: scenes.

The shows bloody amazing, would definitely recommend it.
Reply 512
Just watched the finale, I can confirm that it is bloody amazing. That last scene, holy ****
Reply 513
Original post by Pheylan
Just watched the finale, I can confirm that it is bloody amazing. That last scene, holy ****

Haha I know what you mean! You're lucky in a sense that the second season starts in two weeks so you haven't got a long wait. I watched it a while back and couldn't be bothered waiting so I read the books :biggrin:

Also has anyone here seen The Borgias and is it any good?
Original post by ceris
I don't watch made in chelsea/take me out/towie etc. but just because something is commercially popular does not mean it is "bad" TV. Just because you feel superior to others by following more "alternative" programmes does not give you the right to trample on other people's interests.

It's threads like these that make me POSITIVE that most of you are not getting laid.

:rofl: To care so much about an issue, and to use that as an example demonstrates you've probably never been laid.
Reply 515
Original post by Pheylan
Just started my fourth run through Lost

I always thought I watched a lot of TV shows, pretty sure you have me beat though... I've gone through the entire Lost series once and season 1-3 twice. Re-watching Luther at the moment.
Original post by Pheylan
Just started my fourth run through Lost

One day I'll finish watching it. I got to season 4 or something I just couldn't be ****ed.

Original post by ceris

I don't watch objectively ****ty TV shows, I watch 'alternative' (lolwat) TV shows. I get laid.

u mad?

And Game of Thrones would be way better if it just followed the dwarf and his shenanigans all the time. **** all that 'BEST SHOW EVER!11' noise.

u all mad?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 517
Did anyone used to watch Jericho? After the 1st season I totally forgot about it. Just started watching the 2nd season now but I remember enjoying the first quite a lot.
I'm watching Supernatural S7. I don't know if that qualifies on your list.
Man this show used to be good and has somewhat recovered from a terrible Season 4 where angels appeared out of nowhere, removing the horror aspect of the show which used to be the heart of it.

Anyway, might re-watch Prison Break or Lost or 24 S1 thanks to the joys of Netflix. I saw the first few episodes of Battlestar Galactica and although great, it reminded me why I hate certain aspects of this show (namely the religious mumbo jumbo nonsense), so I'm definitely not gonna sit through a repeat viewing.

I'm actually going through Columbo at the minute lol "Just one more thing..." Brings back great memories :smile: The only series I watch forever on a rotating basis is Star Trek. I can watch Next Generation, Voyager or Enterprise repeats no problem, although DS9 requires a little too much investment.
Oh yeah, my brother is finally watching The Wire and we're on Season 2. It's as good as ever! (but I'm not entirely sure he is following)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 519
Original post by concubine
And Game of Thrones would be way better if it just followed the dwarf and his shenanigans all the time. **** all that 'BEST SHOW EVER!11' noise.

u all mad?

Tyrion is one of my favourite characters, he's ****ing hilarious.

Why don't you like it?

You can't really call it the best show ever after one season but objectively speaking its one of the best (THE best imo) things on TV atm. And the books get better with the third being absolutely crazy good so hopefully the show keeps on improving. If it can have a good 3-4 seasons with the quality not dropping below the first season at all, it could easily be regarded as one of the best.

P.S. I'm not mad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending