The Student Room Group

Good Television Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
* Must.... Not... Neg....*
Reply 61
The Sopranos is so much better this time round. I guess I was too young when I watched it the first time and never really understood what was going on.
Reply 62
It's definitely one of those programmes where if you blink you miss a lot.
Reply 63
Original post by Yawn11
It's definitely one of those programmes where if you blink you miss a lot.

lol I was going to say exactly this , that's what basically happened the first time around.

Breaking Bad tonight :yep:
Reply 64
Original post by 2ndClass
lol I was going to say exactly this , that's what basically happened the first time around.

Breaking Bad tonight :yep:

Yup!

Tonights' playlist: Entourage, Breaking Bad and True Blood.

Man, Sunday nights in America must be awesome. Theres nothing over here except Eastenders :colonhash:
Reply 65
Original post by Yawn11
Yup!

Tonights' playlist: Entourage, Breaking Bad and True Blood.

Man, Sunday nights in America must be awesome. Theres nothing over here except Eastenders :colonhash:

Apparently they're ending it http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2011/08/15/18555101.html :frown:

I want to start on Entourage and True Blood, the fact the latter is on HBO is all the more enticing.

Spoiler

Reply 66
Apparently they're ending it http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2011/08/15/18555101.html :frown:
I want to start on Entourage and True Blood, the fact the latter is on HBO is all the more enticing.

Spoiler

Man, all the good programmes are ending, this Entourages' last season :cry2:

Desperate housewives is on the last season too. I think True Blood has at most one more season cause the storyline seems to be getting a little too far-fetched.

We can only hope that more greagtprogrammes like the AMCs' The Walking Dead will be aired afterwards.
Reply 67
Original post by Yawn11
Man, all the good programmes are ending, this Entourages' last season :cry2:

Desperate housewives is on the last season too. I think True Blood has at most one more season cause the storyline seems to be getting a little too far-fetched.

We can only hope that more greagtprogrammes like the AMCs' The Walking Dead will be aired afterwards.

Mad men is ending too though I think it's about time. I didn't find that first season of The Walking Dead all that tbh, though I hope this season would be better.
Reply 68

:colonhash:
Original post by HSG1992

You Blowhards!!!

I'm back in just to comment on this. Oh man how i love Arrested Development... Best tv show ever...

And for the guy saying they were considering Entourage. Do it! I have got through the 7 seasons in about a month. Gutting i'm into the last season now! Feel so sorry for Ari :frown: Quality show, easy to watch and the characters are great in it. Some great laughs in it, and you get a lot of guest cameos like Larry David, Jeffrey Tambor (really funny in it when appears a few times) and some others. Real funny seeing them appear in it and cool at the same time :biggrin:

Mad Men next for me now i have got to date on Entourage. Also Community i need to watch more too as i really thought it was good, and my mate who has seen it all says it is great.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
So I gave Breaking Bad another go. Once I got past the point where Walt gets Jesse to do something about Skinny Pete getting ripped off (which is where I stopped last time - completely not believable), I thought it got better pretty fast. Just watched three episodes in a row. Should be all caught up soon :smile:
Reply 71
I told ya it was good.
Reply 72
Just watched S03E07, I officially love this show :innocent:
Reply 73
Caught up and added it to the list in the first post :u:
Reply 74
Like I said I told ya, I know quality programmes, my list will most all of you jizz.

I need something new to watch, I literally just finished watching Basketball Wives and Single Ladies (don't judge me, I was bored out my skull).

I need something good :moon:
Reply 75
Original post by Yawn11
Like I said I told ya, I know quality programmes, my list will most all of you jizz.

I need something new to watch, I literally just finished watching Basketball Wives and Single Ladies (don't judge me, I was bored out my skull).

Show me your list and I'll recommend you something you haven't seen
Reply 76
Original post by Pheylan
Show me your list and I'll recommend you something you haven't seen

Jersey Shore
Breaking Bad
The Office
The Simpsons
The Sopranos
The Wire
Futurama
How I met your mother
Entourage
True Blood
Sparticus Blood and sand
The Walking Dead
Dexter
Gossip Girl
Heroes
two and a half men
Desperate Housewives
Family Guy
American Dad
South Park
Pretty Little Liars
The Big Bang Theory
The Office (US)
Everybody Hates Chris
Greys Anatomy
Misfits

I'm considering watching Flash Point? :dontknow:
Reply 77
Original post by Yawn11

Californication, especially the first 2 seasons.
Reply 78
Californication, especially the first 2 seasons.

Never heard of it in my life :eyeball:
Reply 79
Original post by Yawn11
Never heard of it in my life :eyeball:

I have a very dry sense of humour and very few things make me laugh.This programme does. It's not a comedy with the studio audience laugh thing, it's the wit and line delivery that makes it comical. Definitely give it a shot, I think you'll like it. It's been going on for 5 seasons so it has a loyal audience and it's from the same network as Dexter.

Quick Reply

Latest