The Student Room Group

Good Television Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pheylan
Homeland was pretty fucking awesome. Also Claire Danes :sogood:

Yes x12381792312312.

Will check out Homeland out later when I get done Sopranoing. Kinda overdid The Sopranos a few years ago and whenever I saw it I couldn't make it more than a few minutes but I'm loving this **** again now.

Didn't realise that Southland had been saved/revived. Pretty cool as it seemed decent from what I remember, and apparently they've removed the irritating bleeps over swearing.

Why couldn't other, better, shows like Deadwood (******* don't know how hard I raged when this got taken out. Justified needs to get its ass back on TV. Or Olyphant needs to stop acting in **** movies. My man crush is not satisfy.), Kings, Carnivale, Firefly, etc. have been saved? ;<

The argument always seems to be that they lack viewers, but as far as I'm aware all have done really well in terms of DVD sales and must easily have made a profit by now. Think Family Guy was brought back when people realised that the DVD sales profits were immense, and that's gone on to become hella popular. Same with Futurama.

Freaks and Geeks didn't deserve to die either. Or Jericho (probably not quite as good a show as some of the others, and it was a bit silly at times, but TV needs more post-apocalyptic ****). Or Arrested Development.

Also, why can I see your swearing?

I'd probably have saved Homicide: LOTS too. Though that mighta delayed The Wire, or, z0mgs, led to its never being created. And I'd sorta hate to be responsible for that.

Hahah. Lewis's beard.

And Danes' sneaky vag wiping.

Sweet. Apparently Morena Baccarin is in this too. <3

I did kinda like the reboot of V, but I have a soft spot for most things sci-fi.

DUDE SHES NAKED. OH MY GOD.
(edited 12 years ago)
Seriously.

I think this show could turn out pretty good.

The acting is fine anyway.

I wanna stick cameras in Baccarin's room.
Reply 123
Original post by concubine
Yes x12381792312312.

In My So-Called Life when she was like "god I'm so ugly" I was like "lol what". Dunno if I prefer her then or now. Now with red hair would probably win :dice:

Kings, Carnivale, Firefly

I added Kings to my list after seeing you mention it recently but I can't find any links for it on warez-bb. Don't think I've heard of Carnivale before. Didn't much care for Firefly - I don't think I like Joss Whedon's sense of humour much. That irritated me in Buffy too

Also, why can I see your swearing?

Change the colour of one of the letters to black :awesome:

DUDE SHES NAKED. OH MY GOD.

lol, at that point I was like "please please get them out". Has she ever done so in anything else?
Original post by Pheylan
In My So-Called Life when she was like "god I'm so ugly" I was like "lol what". Dunno if I prefer her then or now. Now with red hair would probably win :dice:

I added Kings to my list after seeing you mention it recently but I can't find any links for it on warez-bb. Don't think I've heard of Carnivale before. Didn't much care for Firefly - I don't think I like Joss Whedon's sense of humour much. That irritated me in Buffy too

Change the colour of one of the letters to black :awesome:

lol, at that point I was like "please please get them out". Has she ever done so in anything else?

I can't stand Buffy or Angel but Firefly rules bro. SPACE WESTERNS!2.

Carnivale is great is you like southern gothic, religious, 20s, freaks style ****. High production value.

I don't think she's done much other nekkid business. Sucks. ;<

Forgot about Terriers in my list of awesomesauce shows that died. And Eastbound and Down is on the way out, though I'm not sure it was actually cancelled, but 3 seasons, and that they're only like 6/7 episodes each, seems pretty short for a US show.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 125
Original post by Pheylan
Did you watch Terra Nova? I thought it was a bit of a letdown, though still decent. I just hope the characters become more interesting quickly

Bleh, watched about ten minutes of the latest episode and decided to give up
Just watched the last ever episode of Entourage. They rushed it all and made it into a new level of unrealism. Sloan getting back with Eric was just stupid, and already they have started that on lies as if Sloan knew Eric shagged her ex Mother then it would not have happened. There is no way a woman would ever get back with Eric (I literally cannot stand the guy, a really unlikeable actor). Ari Gold is a legend though and was nice to see him back with his wife. Predictable, nice, but a good thing to happen. Vince marrying that girl too after 1 date? What? I enjoyed the episode and i also didn't. Shame to see the series ending, but why did the ending feel so rushed and just lacking in any quality? It's a shame as the first few seasons of Entourage are brilliant tv and Ari Gold is one of the best character ever from any tv show.
I think Homeland is gonna be great. First two episodes are anyway.

If this **** gets cancelled I'm gonna ****ing kill someone.
Reply 128
I think Homeland is gonna be great. First two episodes are anyway.

If this **** gets cancelled I'm gonna ****ing kill someone.

Gonna watch the latest episode soon, looking forward to it. I canned Pan Am about halfway through the second episode, what a bore
Original post by Pheylan
Gonna watch the latest episode soon, looking forward to it. I canned Pan Am about halfway through the second episode, what a bore

What are your warning points for, bb?

If I get banned again I think it'll be permanent. Bitches can't take my humour.

It's not like everyone negatively reps me or anything either. Some people are just ****ing stupid, and I possibly let them know.
Anyone else can't wait for awake? It looks sooo good.

Also, a lot of 60s vibe these days (Pan Am + The Playboy club [which got cancelled 'cause of fundies in America]).
Reply 131
What are your warning points for, bb?

If I get banned again I think it'll be permanent. Bitches can't take my humour.

It's not like everyone negatively reps me or anything either. Some people are just ****ing stupid, and I possibly let them know.

Avoiding the swear filter, lol. I'm almost on my fourth page of infractions
Reply 132
Original post by Pheylan
Avoiding the swear filter, lol. I'm almost on my fourth page of infractions

I'd love to hear Larry Davids stance on internet Moderators:biggrin:
Reply 133
Original post by TheDubs
I'd love to hear Larry Davids stance on internet Moderators:biggrin:

He'd probably just do that brilliant (slightly surprised) scoff he does
Reply 134
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Anyone else can't wait for awake? It looks sooo good.

Can't say I'm excited about it. Dunno why. Seems like a poor story

Also, a lot of 60s vibe these days (Pan Am + The Playboy club [which got cancelled 'cause of fundies in America]).

Also The Hour. They're pretty much jumping on the Mad Men bandwagon, though I didn't like any of the three. (Mad Men is excellent though)
Reply 135
Original post by Pheylan
He'd probably just do that brilliant (slightly surprised) scoff he does

Hahah. Too many possibilities. I'd like to think he would accuse certain Mods on here of giving him warning points. Cue 'the stare'
Reply 136
Original post by TheDubs
Hahah. Too many possibilities. I'd like to think he would accuse certain Mods on here of giving him warning points. Cue 'the stare'

Mod: I didn't warn you.

LD: *points, slightly nodding* I think you warned me.

*stare*

LD: Okay.
Original post by Pheylan
Can't say I'm excited about it. Dunno why. Seems like a poor story

Also The Hour. They're pretty much jumping on the Mad Men bandwagon, though I didn't like any of the three. (Mad Men is excellent though)

Well I'm a big fan of psychological tv series. What about Alcatraz?

Also just watched homeland, seems good so far.
Reply 138
What about Alcatraz?

Hmm. Not a big fan of Hurley but I like Parminder Nagra. Story seems interesting too. Added it to the list
Reply 139
Original post by Pheylan
Mod: I didn't warn you.

LD: *points, slightly nodding* I think you warned me.

*stare*

LD: Okay.

Hahah. I was thinking of having an eventful evening. I now have to watch Curb again now after reading that :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending