Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A 'berry' coloured nail varnish?

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I'm looking for a nail varnish like this..

I just can't find any! The one in the picture is Nails Inc - Hamstead Heath. My friend has it but I find it so gloopy and difficult to apply so I'm looking for an alternative...Anybody got any suggestions?

Ta
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ciate.co.uk/nails/colour/cocktail-dress.html
    http://www.ciate.co.uk/nails/colour/...ckerglory.html
    http://www.leightondenny.com/product...ctCategoryId=4
    http://www.leightondenny.com/product...ctCategoryId=4

Leighton Denny and Ciate are my favourite nail polish brands, so the quality is great; it's just a matter of you liking the colour
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zoya Ciara is a really nice berry shade :yep: Vanessa is too, but it looks slightly more pinky.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got Nails Inc Union Street. But you need patience for it, as it's matte so the coats are reaaaaally thin, and you need to do three or four coats and then a gloss top coat to get rid of what I think is a horrible matte effect.
    It's really a lovely rich purple grape colour once you get to the end of the process, though. I'm wearing it right now

OPI also do some really good consistency ones in all kinds of shades, but I can't name any from the top of my head.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    OPI polishes are my fave, and they do loads of berry shades
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    OPI Miami Beet looks pretty close to me!

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    17 and Barry M - I have an amazing Barry M one, maybe a shade or two deeper than the one in your pic, but it looks absolutely fantastic and lasts perfect-looking for about a week.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Zoya Ciara is a really nice berry shade :yep: Vanessa is too, but it looks slightly more pinky.
    Speaking of Zoya, have you tried Reva? (I think you were planning to) I want to buy it now :teeth: Too bad Zoya is only available online

To OP, Barry M Raspberry and ELF Rosy Raisin are a good budget option
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    17 and Barry M - I have an amazing Barry M one, maybe a shade or two deeper than the one in your pic, but it looks absolutely fantastic and lasts perfect-looking for about a week.
    I have the Barry M one you're talking about. It's called 'Raspberry'. I love Barry M nail paints and have over 10 shades! They're only £2.99 and last for ages without chipping!

• 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Speaking of Zoya, have you tried Reva? (I think you were planning to) I want to buy it now :teeth: Too bad Zoya is only available online.
    Yes! Reva is absolutely beautiful :daydreaming: You won't be disappointed.

I got it quite a while ago. Since then I had a massive splurge and bought both the Sunshine and Sparkle collections. I have totally fallen in love with their nail varnishes, they have such beautiful colours and they last so much longer on me than any other brand.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Reva is absolutely beautiful :daydreaming: You won't be disappointed.

I got it quite a while ago. Since then I had a massive splurge and bought both the Sunshine and Sparkle collections. I have totally fallen in love with their nail varnishes, they have such beautiful colours and they last so much longer on me than any other brand.
    I want Sunshine collection, every single bloody piece :p: But I decided to cut my spending and only buy a couple- probs Reva, and new OPI Its My Year which is similar to Faye.
    On a side note, I also want Ciate freebie from Marie Claire :mmm:
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want Sunshine collection, every single bloody piece :p: But I decided to cut my spending and only buy a couple- probs Reva, and new OPI Its My Year which is similar to Faye.
    On a side note, I also want Ciate freebie from Marie Claire :mmm:
    They are all really pretty :yep: I am in love with Rica, too.

That's my plan too, is it sad that I have a post it note stuck on my mirror to remind me to buy it? :mmm:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are all really pretty :yep: I am in love with Rica, too.

That's my plan too, is it sad that I have a post it note stuck on my mirror to remind me to buy it? :mmm:
    I like the fact that Kimmy, Rica and Tanzy are fiery coloured and have a gold sparkle :daydreaming:
    Its not sad to me, I spent whole month waiting for them to appear and scanned the magazine racks everytime I went shopping :rofl: What colour do you plan to get?
    Thanks for rep We should start a nail polish club :teehee:
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the fact that Kimmy, Rica and Tanzy are fiery coloured and have a gold sparkle :daydreaming:
    Its not sad to me, I spent whole month waiting for them to appear and scanned the magazine racks everytime I went shopping :rofl: What colour do you plan to get?
    Thanks for rep We should start a nail polish club :teehee:
    Hehe :mmm: I like the sound of Wait Until Dark, so I'll probably get that one unless the other one looks really pretty in real life. Knowing my luck they'll only have the one I don't want, though. And yeah, I'm definitely up for that!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hehe :mmm: I like the sound of Wait Until Dark, so I'll probably get that one unless the other one looks really pretty in real life. Knowing my luck they'll only have the one I don't want, though. And yeah, I'm definitely up for that!
    I want the pale pink (Sugared Almonds, I think). I saw loads of them in both colours in all shops, but knowing that there would be hordes of others like us, it wouldn't last :p:
    I have a Barbara Daly that looks like the purple one, and no pale colours.
    Oh, by the way, if you liked Charla from Sparkle collection, Accessorize Mermaid is a very close dupe for it (I love it in its own right, tbh\0
    P>S Shall we start a thread then> I don't even know how it would go, perhaps it would just be a place to discuss various nail polish as these threads crop up quite often
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of? Anyone know some good plum lipstick/glosses
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Barry M Raspberry
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Barry M and NYC both have one
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want the pale pink (Sugared Almonds, I think). I saw loads of them in both colours in all shops, but knowing that there would be hordes of others like us, it wouldn't last :p:
    I have a Barbara Daly that looks like the purple one, and no pale colours.
    Oh, by the way, if you liked Charla from Sparkle collection, Accessorize Mermaid is a very close dupe for it (I love it in its own right, tbh\0
    P>S Shall we start a thread then> I don't even know how it would go, perhaps it would just be a place to discuss various nail polish as these threads crop up quite often
    I have Charla :yep: It's lovely but it stains really badly. What are Accessorize polishes like, generally? I really like the look of their duochromes (I think they're called ''Illusions'' or something) and I'm doing a swap box with some American friends who really want to get their hands on them too.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
    I have the Barry M one you're talking about. It's called 'Raspberry'. I love Barry M nail paints and have over 10 shades! They're only £2.99 and last for ages without chipping!

They're 2 for a fiver at Superdrug! I have a gorgeous midnight blue one from Barry M, looks stunning if you paint clear sparkly polish over it

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 5, 2011
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.