The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Dropping & registering for modules (&Oxley)

Hi, I'm an American study abroad student and I'll be living at Oxley for this upcoming year :smile:

I just got my module list and it contains classes that I won't get credit for in the US, i.e.:
ARTF 1014 20 Elements of Visual Culture I

While I'm coming to Leeds mostly to take interesting electives and art modules, I also have to take physics, vector calculus, etc, otherwise I will be behind on my course back in the U.S.

Will Leeds let my drop the unneeded modules and let me take math/engineering? Or do I have to be registered under their faculty? (I'm not allowed to take art classes in the U.S. because I'm in the faculty of engineering, not art :frown:)

& if anyone wants to comment about life at Oxley I'd appreciate it, the distance from campus is intimidating.
Reply 1
Original post by fauxan
Hi, I'm an American study abroad student and I'll be living at Oxley for this upcoming year :smile:

I just got my module list and it contains classes that I won't get credit for in the US, i.e.:

While I'm coming to Leeds mostly to take interesting electives and art modules, I also have to take physics, vector calculus, etc, otherwise I will be behind on my course back in the U.S.

Will Leeds let my drop the unneeded modules and let me take math/engineering? Or do I have to be registered under their faculty? (I'm not allowed to take art classes in the U.S. because I'm in the faculty of engineering, not art :frown:)

& if anyone wants to comment about life at Oxley I'd appreciate it, the distance from campus is intimidating.

You can study any elective as long as it does not clash with another module, regardless of which department, so you should be able to do what you want, assuming the timetable is fine, but you might want to check with the uni to be sure.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by fauxan

Hii, I'm living at Oxley too :smile: I was feeling super worried about the distance from campus (it wasn't my first choice) but i've been to visit it today and it's really not that bad - the bus stop is literally right outside and it runs every 5 minutes, plus the taxi fare from the city up to Oxley is only £9 apparently so not too bad at all! The grounds are lovely too, bar and gym on site yay! If you have any questions feel free to send me a message :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest