The Student Room Group

apprehensive about starting university in September?

I am starting in September in Glasgow and would really very much appreciate if anyone out there could give me an insight into how they found it. The whole thing from accommodation to first day...etc

It's really churning me up inside for some reason and I thought this would be the best place to let it out.

Thanks in advance it will really be of help all comments.

Kind regards to you all xoxoxo
Reply 1
Original post by mcgt
I am starting in September in Glasgow and would really very much appreciate if anyone out there could give me an insight into how they found it. The whole thing from accommodation to first day...etc

It's really churning me up inside for some reason and I thought this would be the best place to let it out.

Thanks in advance it will really be of help all comments.

Kind regards to you all xoxoxo

Hi :smile: I'm going into second year at Glasgow this year... What subject are you doing?

I didn't do uni accommodation so don't know much about that. Tbh I can't remember that much (I didn't even drink then) :tongue: ... But we had this introductory lecture on the second day of Freshers'. I was really early, standing outside the lecture theatre awkwardly, thinking about being nervous and not making friends and stuff... Then I heard these two guys talking, and one of them said something vaguely biology-related so I thought they must be there for the same thing as me. So I sort of shuffled forward and started chatting to them. More people joined over the coming week and that's it - we are a little group, the first guy is my boyfriend and I'm sickeningly in love :tongue:

Academics-wise, the first week was introductory taster stuff to get you thinking about what aspects you liked best and get to know other people and stuff. You're eased into it - it feels like the natural next step, like moving up a year in school did I think.

But that's all a bit general :tongue: Is there anything in particular you're worried about? Uni is awesome, you'll love it :wink:
when is the moment it all gets real?

like - the moment when your parents really have to go (to avoid traffic or to avoid embarressing you)
or the next morning when you wake up in a bed that is and isnt yours under a new duvet cover that now belongs you surronded by your stuff in a strange room

and once its all real - what do you actually DO?
Original post by Aurora.
Hi :smile: I'm going into second year at Glasgow this year... What subject are you doing?

I didn't do uni accommodation so don't know much about that. Tbh I can't remember that much (I didn't even drink then) :tongue: ... But we had this introductory lecture on the second day of Freshers'. I was really early, standing outside the lecture theatre awkwardly, thinking about being nervous and not making friends and stuff... Then I heard these two guys talking, and one of them said something vaguely biology-related so I thought they must be there for the same thing as me. So I sort of shuffled forward and started chatting to them. More people joined over the coming week and that's it - we are a little group, the first guy is my boyfriend and I'm sickeningly in love :tongue:

Academics-wise, the first week was introductory taster stuff to get you thinking about what aspects you liked best and get to know other people and stuff. You're eased into it - it feels like the natural next step, like moving up a year in school did I think.

But that's all a bit general :tongue: Is there anything in particular you're worried about? Uni is awesome, you'll love it :wink:

That first paragraph is so darn adorable :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Bella Occhi
That first paragraph is so darn adorable :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haha... Thanks :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest