The Student Room Group

Student Finance Application - Help?

I'm going to University next month, and this is my first application.

I've already completed the form and sent it away a few months ago. In the "Application details and next steps" section, where it says "Student finance breakdown" it tells me that I'm entitled to a tuition fee loan, to cover the cost.

Underneath this, it says:
You have applied for a Maintenance Loan. This has still to be calculated.
You are also eligible for an HE Maintenance Grant, this has still to be calculated.

Both of my parents lost work due to the factory they worked at closing down last September, then my father died last November - my financial situation has drastically changed because of this.

I used another system to fill out a circumstances form, and my mother had to send away a lot of different forms of proof and identification in order to prove that the financial situation is how it is. This happened during May and June this year, and they still haven't confirmed anything.

On the same page as the loan details, where it says "Your parent's next steps", it says:
Your Mother's financial information has been received and is now being confirmed with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

Does this mean I just have to wait and trust that they'll contact me soon with the details?

If I still need to sort something out, what is it that I need to do, and how do I do it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending