The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
anyone still waiting for durham?
Reply 1201
Original post by King.
anyone still waiting for durham?

i am, so frustrating because their reply is what will influence what exams i do in the summer
Reply 1202
How were everyone's results? Any one firmed/insured yet?
Reply 1203
Original post by Choppyy

Hi mate, just out of interest how come your insurance is Warwick.
Reply 1204
Original post by Alpha5
Hi mate, just out of interest how come your insurance is Warwick.

The course I have firmed has direct links to PWC and I think it's a good opportunity with this recession to get a job after a degree.

This decision wasn't easy as I was looking at Warwick from day 1, took I lot of thought and talks with various people.
Reply 1205
Original post by Choppyy
The course I have firmed has direct links to PWC and I think it's a good opportunity with this recession to get a job after a degree.

This decision wasn't easy as I was looking at Warwick from day 1, took I lot of thought and talks with various people.

Sounds good.
Reply 1206
Got an unconditional from Manchester Business School! Bsc Accounting....
Trying to decide whether to firm Southampton or Sheffield? Somebody please help :tongue:
Reply 1208
Original post by Choppyy

How does that work as an insurance tho?
If you miss your firm, you're going to miss your insurance too right?
Reply 1209
Original post by uxa595
How does that work as an insurance tho?
If you miss your firm, you're going to miss your insurance too right?

If anything it acts as an incentive to get the grades in the 1st place. I'm more than confident in obtaining AAB. Also, if I obtain AAA I think I can accept Warwick over Newcastle if I change my mind, although not 100% on that.
Reply 1210
Original post by Choppyy
If anything it acts as an incentive to get the grades in the 1st place. I'm more than confident in obtaining AAB. Also, if I obtain AAA I think I can accept Warwick over Newcastle if I change my mind, although not 100% on that.

I heard that if you meet you offer for your firm, in order to go to your insurance assuming you meet that offer aswell, you need to be released from your firm, effectively losing your place and then your admission to your insurance is at their discretion...they may get a little funny and Warwick is quite a competitive university. Just check it out, I may be talking complete and utter rubbish but this is what my teacher said as I wanted to firm LSE and have Warwick as my insurance.
Original post by Choppyy

is this the course at reading if you don't mind me asking
Reply 1212
Original post by lmartynofficial
is this the course at reading if you don't mind me asking
Newcastle, think they're the same structure though.
Original post by Choppyy
Newcastle, think they're the same structure though.

ok (y) congratulations! what are your requirements...?
Unconditionally firmed Edinburgh a few weeks ago :grin:

Anyone else going? It'd be nice to know of a few future coursemates! :party:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1215
Original post by lmartynofficial
ok (y) congratulations! what are your requirements...?

AAB excluding General studies. Pretty good offer IMO!
Original post by Choppyy

Amazing thanks! How were yours?
I have no idea what I'm going to do yet.. Probably firm MORSE and insure SwF.
I'm in shock that you didn't firm Warwick!
Reply 1217
Original post by joshgoldman
Amazing thanks! How were yours?
I have no idea what I'm going to do yet.. Probably firm MORSE and insure SwF.
I'm in shock that you didn't firm Warwick!

Congrats on your offers! Very strong universities there! I got 99 on ECON3 and 90 in C3 so I'm on track for 2/3A*s this year, which would be awesome! You got 100 in ECON3 didn't you?!
Can someone please enlighten me as to how good the accounting and finance course is like at bham uni? Do many people get into the big 4 from there?
Original post by Choppyy
Congrats on your offers! Very strong universities there! I got 99 on ECON3 and 90 in C3 so I'm on track for 2/3A*s this year, which would be awesome! You got 100 in ECON3 didn't you?!

Well done! Thanks :smile:

Yeah :confused:, I have no idea how... I'm tempted to get the scripts back, I'm convinced the examiners must have been on something!
Me too, I think I need 56 UMS for the A in ECON/80 UMS for the A*, just the 80UMS in C4 to get the A* in Maths... G-d knows what I need for Further maths... I'd be more than happy with 2 A* though - the prospect of 3 makes me laugh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending