The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Term Dates

The university site says that the summer 2007 term is 23rd April to 22nd June. Do most people need to be at the university right up until the 22nd June or can some people leave earlier? I thought that maybe it depends on when your exams are or something. :confused:

I'm thinking about doing a Camp America thing in that summer break but most places need you to set off before the 22nd. :frown:
Reply 1
My exams finish 16th of June, i'm assuming you can then leave!

But there maybee balls and stuff to stay for, so i'm not sure.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Ah, so it could be ok then. Anyone here do Geography?
Reply 3
Zakatu
My exams finish 16th of June, i'm assuming you can then leave!

But there maybee balls and stuff to stay for, so i'm not sure.

Last year we finished on the 29th of May I think. I stayed right till the end though, and had 3 weeks pissing about :biggrin: I'd definitely recommend staying around if your mates are.
nownotlater

Try emailing the geography department asking when the exams are likely to be?
Reply 5
susiemakemeblue
Try emailing the geography department asking when the exams are likely to be?

I didn't think it looked too good emailing to ask how soon you can leave for the holidays before I've even accepted a place on the course! I've been invited to an open day on 1st March though, I'll ask there. :smile:
I really wouldn't worry. It's not like they can change their minds about making you an offer! And by the time you start the course, no one will even remember you ever asked! Also, if you say why you want to know, they won't think any worse of you even if they do remember you. (Which they still won't.)
Reply 7
susiemakemeblue
I really wouldn't worry. It's not like they can change their minds about making you an offer! And by the time you start the course, no one will even remember you ever asked! Also, if you say why you want to know, they won't think any worse of you even if they do remember you. (Which they still won't.)

You're probably right. I'll send an email now.
Reply 8
nownotlater

Me! I'm a 2nd year. My last Geog exam in my 1st year was on 27th May, but as part of the course you are required to do Open Units in other subjects (unless they've changed it). Even if you do find out when they are likely to be this year (unlikely because it only gets finalised very late), you still have to account for more exams in other subjects areas.

I only had two Geog exams in the summer I think, but because I did French and German as Open Units, I had 9 in total :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending