The Student Room Group

Girls you marry and girls you date

Scroll to see replies

Original post by strawberry
I would have to say I'm one of those girls who can't do flings. I'm either in it for the long run or I just don't bother ... hence the guy I marry and the guy I date would be the same
nice to see I'm not the only one though :smile:

Exact same goes for me :smile:

Though guys have talked to me in great depth about Marriage/ Attraction etc (yes, even involving me in scenarios on some occaisions :redface:), when it comes to dating they always seem to go for the similar stereotype of girl - yet they complain that more girls aren't like me :confused: Though because of them messing me around and seemingly becoming uninterested in me as 'dating material', I'm still single yet they're going off with said stereotypical girl - and it all starts off as they absolutely adore said girl, they think she's the best thing since sliced bread, they love her blah blah blah, yet they end up constantly complaining to me that she just isn't right for them or she's done this, that, the other :rolleyes:
Seeing as guys seem to only consider serious sort of relationships (that they often tend to claim will inevitably lead to Marriage) when talking about relationships with me, yet always end up going off with another girl and leaving me alone, doesn't that prove that the girls they'd consider as 'Marriage Material' are the ones who are forgotten about, because sooo many guys waste their time and effort on girls who are 'Dating Material' only??

Surely, someone could only be considered 'Dating Material' if they're great enough to be considered 'Marriage Material', because surely it's just awaste of time for all parties pursuing a relationship that isn't built to last?? That's what I'm thinking anyways, if any of you guys believe differently please feel free to explain yourselves :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
Someone who thinks clinginess is a good thing is marriage material. The more independent you are the less you're likely to marry at all. Independent girls with successful careers and all that have no need for marriage. But these girls make a good shag lol.
Reply 42
For guys: when you've reached the point where you are primarily looking for something serious, is there a certain age group you go for? Let's say you're 28 and look more at girls that can be your partner rather than a ONS, which age would these girls be? Same age, a few years younger...?
Original post by AccioJellyBean
I know I'm a girl so am not exactly qualified to answer your question, but personally if I didn't see a long term future with someone then going out with them would be a waste of my time. Which is probably why I got my first boyfriend 5 months ago at the age of 19 and also why it's going very well. I would never invest that sort of time and emotion in someone if I had any inkling it wouldn't last. Obviously I don't know for sure if it will or not, but I don't have any skepticism at the moment and if I did I'd question the whole thing.

I'm the opposite. Because of expectations of parents and so on (though I know they shouldn't matter) there are many chaps with whom I would go out casually and/or sleep with but not marry.
Reply 44
Well I'm not the type to date people unless I can foresee a good possible long-term relationship with them, you see, and I'm not the type to see a good-looking guy and just go "Damn, I have to date him!" - I wait until I know a person better, like after having some nice long chats with them, before I decide whether or not I want to be in a relationship with them.
Reply 45
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Jeans and tank is nasty. She should be wearing the D&G and Chanel that I bought her.

Don't mind about cultured.

Ohh i get it. So you can dress her up as a doll? That's disguisting.
Does that mean you wouldn't date a girl who would a wear tank top and jeans?
Original post by BeachBum8
Ohh i get it. So you can dress her up as a doll? That's disguisting.

I want to buy my wife nice things and that makes me disgusting? BRawawararararrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And no, I wouldn't marry a girl who wore tanktop and jeans all the time. ****, sure, but not marry.
Reply 47
I want to buy my wife nice things and that makes me disgusting? BRawawararararrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And no, I wouldn't marry a girl who wore tanktop and jeans all the time. ****, sure, but not marry.

It Just striked me as odd. Buying your wife the most expensive clothes just to show her off?

And that's like i will never marry a guy who wears boxers.
It Just striked me as odd. Buying your wife the most expensive clothes just to show her off?

What's wrong with being proud of the woman you married? I don't want to get married at the best of times, and I'm certainly not going to marry a woman who can't keep herself together.
Reply 49
What's wrong with being proud of the woman you married? I don't want to get married at the best of times, and I'm certainly not going to marry a woman who can't keep herself together.

There's a fine line between being proud of who you married and having a trophy wife.
There's a fine line between being proud of who you married and having a trophy wife.

What's the difference?
If they let me lube up and put my fist in that ass; they're worthy of carrying my absolute horndog of a child.
Reply 52
What's the difference?

You have just proven my point. Thank you.
You have just proven my point. Thank you.

You are yet to make a point as far as I am aware, other than judging me for wanting my wife to be well dressed and making it sound sordid by introducing the word "just" very liberally.

y u mad tho? Is it because you fall into the "****, but not marry" category?
Reply 54
You are yet to make a point as far as I am aware, other than judging me for wanting my wife to be well dressed and making it sound sordid by introducing the word "just" very liberally.

y u mad tho? Is it because you fall into the "****, but not marry" category?

I'm only judging you because you sounded rather harsh when you pointed out that you wouldn't date someone who you couldn't dress up as your trophy wife, and who couldn't hold herself together.

I'm not angry at all. I'm just saying what i think. And no, i don't believe i do.
I'm only judging you because you sounded rather harsh when you pointed out that you wouldn't date someone who you couldn't dress up as your trophy wife, and who couldn't hold herself together.

It is harsh. As I say, I don't want to get married at the best of times. I would rather be single as opposed to marry some sad sack of a woman.

Btw, date and marry aren't interchangeable.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
It is harsh. As I say, I don't want to get married at the best of times. I would rather be single as opposed to marry some sad sack of a woman.

Btw, date and marry isn't interchangeable.

I mean't married.
Ah. So if she became depressed during your marriage (which most likely would happen) would you divorce her?

Ah. So if she became depressed during your marriage (which most likely would happen) would you divorce her?

In a ****ing heartbeat.
Reply 58
In a ****ing heartbeat.

Now you're just messing with me. Unless you actually are serious, which is quite sad.
Now you're just messing with me. Unless you actually are serious, which is quite sad.

Why is it sad? Why the **** should I have to come home to a crying woman?

If she wants to cry she should do it in the pantry like a proper woman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending