The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

economics..... still waiting

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Are all the 22nd Feb open day letters given out on the same day!??

I havent got mine yet!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
What if you get an invitation, but because youre international... and you dont want to waste 1000 pounds, just to come for 1 open day... will you get rejected if you don't attend
Reply 22
trinya
What if you get an invitation, but because youre international... and you dont want to waste 1000 pounds, just to come for 1 open day... will you get rejected if you don't attend
Contact UCL and explain your situation. They should understand.
They don't ask students who are living and studying abroad to go to the Open Day. If it does happen, give 'em a ring to sort it out. Won't be a problem.

And the letters are sent out as batches so they should all be arriving at roughly the same sort of time. Expect it soon AEIOU or fingers crossed for a March 15th invitation...
Reply 24
so for students abroad like me...
I don't have to expect an invitation...
just to check UCAS
Reply 25
Hey i know this is rather off topic, but im slightly confused..... your saying about 160 students will be accepted for all Economics courses. Thats a lot of people..... i know i may sound stupid, but will we get a good 'education', as in if i'm struggling alot with work, can i get all the help i need??(considering we will mostly be taught in lectures??)

I'm just slightly worried because i've been invited to that open day, but i don't do Economics now, so i want to go to a place that will be able to help if i'm struggling alot at it.

Hamid
Hamid
Hey i know this is rather off topic, but im slightly confused..... your saying about 160 students will be accepted for all Economics courses. Thats a lot of people..... i know i may sound stupid, but will we get a good 'education', as in if i'm struggling alot with work, can i get all the help i need??(considering we will mostly be taught in lectures??)

I'm just slightly worried because i've been invited to that open day, but i don't do Economics now, so i want to go to a place that will be able to help if i'm struggling alot at it.

Hamid

I don't know the exact staff-student ratio but I think UCL has one of the better ones.

If you are struggling - you'll tend to find most of your help comes from other students and your friends.
Reply 27
Hamid

Hamid
Don't worry about not doing Economics now. The A-level course and the degree are completely different and the A-level doesn't teach you much.
Reply 28
a bit off topic Ben, but Would it be possible to change from economics & stats to straight economics after the first year? i read on their website that it rarely happens, but if you got extremely good scores in your first year, would you be in with a shout?
ba_ba1
a bit off topic Ben, but Would it be possible to change from economics & stats to straight economics after the first year? i read on their website that it rarely happens, but if you got extremely good scores in your first year, would you be in with a shout?

Depends a bit on how many people get kicked out after the first year from L100.

Like many things, possible - but don't count on it.
Hey President Ben!
I was just wondering, what is the likelyhood of me getting an non 3A offer i.e AAB for L100 at UCL. I have the 1st of fevruary Openday and is there any chance of this happenng so i can put UCL as my back up??
Reply 31
Dharini1987
Hey President Ben!
I was just wondering, what is the likelyhood of me getting an non 3A offer i.e AAB for L100 at UCL. I have the 1st of fevruary Openday and is there any chance of this happenng so i can put UCL as my back up??
That's extremely unlikely. I think you'll have to stick with Warwick for insurance :wink:. Don't worry anyway, I'm sure you'll get AAA.
thanks- depending on whether warwick give me an offer though!
Dharini1987
Hey President Ben!
I was just wondering, what is the likelyhood of me getting an non 3A offer i.e AAB for L100 at UCL.

Close to zero...? But you can make your case in person to the Admission tutor on the open day or follow him up about it. His name is Dr Malcolm Pemberton.

Same goes to you N9ne :wink:

That said, I don't think either of you will need to use your insurance offers :smile:
Reply 34
Hi 'President Ben',

I'm an international student and sent in my application for L100 on 16th October but I still haven't heard from them, except one mail back in December asking for my referee's mail ID and my predicted scores.
I have met the country-specific criteria of 95% and have a lot on my co-curricular including an award from the president of my country for achieving t he highest level of girl scouting.
who should I contact and what should I ask? (if at all!)
Please help me! I'm extremely worried.
P.S. I've heard from all other universities except UCL!
Reply 35
Original post by uni_crazy
Hi 'President Ben',

I'm an international student and sent in my application for L100 on 16th October but I still haven't heard from them, except one mail back in December asking for my referee's mail ID and my predicted scores.
I have met the country-specific criteria of 95% and have a lot on my co-curricular including an award from the president of my country for achieving t he highest level of girl scouting.
who should I contact and what should I ask? (if at all!)
Please help me! I'm extremely worried.
P.S. I've heard from all other universities except UCL!

This thread... is 8 years old.

These people have all probably finished their master degrees by now and are working full-time..

Quick Reply