The Student Room Group

Better to do Eco at worse uni or Management at top uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HRH2
My gf is in the Management degree at LSE. She's an international but to be honest, she's isn't what you call 'a top student'. The offer was AAB for her and she managed to get in easy, even though her IGCSEs were A,A,B,B,C. I know there is greater leniency for international students but still. On the other hand, the IB requirements are pretty high. They are disproportionate, compared to other universities in UK.

I'm so glad I didn't choose the IB. Not only is it harder than A-levels, but the offers are harder to make too. Quite a few IB'ers in my school missed out on their firm and insurance choices.
Reply 21
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
I'm so glad I didn't choose the IB. Not only is it harder than A-levels, but the offers are harder to make too. Quite a few IB'ers in my school missed out on their firm and insurance choices.

Especially when the top 5 econ unis ask for 6-7 in HL maths, and only A for A level maths haha

I did the IB, got a well-rounded education, 15000000 UCAS points etc. But yes, loads of people go down
Reply 22

I see your signature. You talented kid. But you must've been in quite a bit of dilemma since UCL is one of the best for Geography and LSE (although some say at the same level as UCL for economics) is more REPUTABLE for economics. Either way win, win situation but what made you choose UCL in the end? And are you going to make your offers?
Original post by HRH2
I see your signature. You talented kid. But you must've been in quite a bit of dilemma since UCL is one of the best for Geography and LSE (although some say at the same level as UCL for economics) is more REPUTABLE for economics. Either way win, win situation but what made you choose UCL in the end? And are you going to make your offers?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic...but thanks anyway :smile:. I chose UCL because I feel that's the place where I'll get the most out of both academically and socially. Like you said - they're evenly matched - I prefer UCL on the whole as a university. I'm pretty sure I'll make my offers - I need AAA for UCL but for A's all I needed in my summer exams was a U, E and C - again, a testament to the relative easiness of the modular A-level system compared to the IB.
Reply 24
Not sure if you're being sarcastic...but thanks anyway :smile:. I chose UCL because I feel that's the place where I'll get the most out of both academically and socially. Like you said - they're evenly matched - I prefer UCL on the whole as a university. I'm pretty sure I'll make my offers - I need AAA for UCL but for A's all I needed in my summer exams was a U, E and C - again, a testament to the relative easiness of the modular A-level system compared to the IB.

I wasn't being sarcastic. There ARE nice people on TSR you know. And good luck with your offers. :smile:
Original post by HRH2
I wasn't being sarcastic. There ARE nice people on TSR you know. And good luck with your offers. :smile:

Cheers

Quick Reply