The Student Room Group

Eco Fascism in the USA: Government raids healthy food farm at gun point.

http://www.naturalnews.com/033220_Rawesome_Foods_armed_raids.html

This is a NaturalNews exclusive breaking new report. A multi-agency SWAT-style armed raid was conducted this morning by helmet-wearing, gun-carrying enforcement agents from the LA County Sheriff's Office, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Dept. of Agriculture and the CDC.

Law enforcement demanded that all customers (members) of the store vacate the premises, then they demanded to know how much cash James had at the store.

Initial reports indicate that this was a warrantless raid, destroying private property and taking unlawful custody of the owners.

This is only the latest in a continuing series of government intrusions on private enterprise that doesn't fit the "nanny state" program. This is going to be the norm from now on. If you aren't sucking at the government teet you get thrown in jail.

They are killing any competition to Monsanto. Perhaps if they bribed/contributed to some election campaigns as other corporations do, they would NOT find themselves held at gun point over milk and cheese.

The feds are going after co-ops because this is the road to self-sufficiency. People who are trying to lead the way are government targets, and have been labelled ''domestic extremists'' and potencial terrorists.

Welcome to the New World Order where selling raw milk is illegal but selling cigarretes is not.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Article is badly written with no mention of what he has been charged with. Anyway if this is as illegal as the article says, firstly it will never stand up in court. And Secondly he can sue the **** out of the government.
Who the **** cares? :colonhash:
Omg... the section vaccines... I actually don't know what to say. Here I was thinking creationists were bat**** crazy but at least their delusions don't carry the risk of susceptibility to dangerous diseases.
Reply 4
Original post by Aj12
Article is badly written with no mention of what he has been charged with. Anyway if this is as illegal as the article says, firstly it will never stand up in court. And Secondly he can sue the **** out of the government.

Just found this:

http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=D26E2CE9C7B0E0690977F89688E6D713
Fair and balanced source. :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Nice sauce you have there.
Reply 7
Original post by Llamageddon
Omg... the section vaccines... I actually don't know what to say. Here I was thinking creationists were bat**** crazy but at least their delusions don't carry the risk of susceptibility to dangerous diseases.

I drunk goats milk straight from the goat as a child. I grew up on a farm in Somerset. I also had milk straight from the cows and into the churns and it never did me any harm, and i've never had a TB jab or MMR vaccines (probably explains my high intelligence).

Goes to show how they HAVE to contaminate the food chain and HAVE to put sh*t in it to keep the population under control, whilst the Queen feasts on Fortnum and Masons Organic stuff, Malvern water shipped in in tanks and Charlie has his own Organic food industry too, will they close that jug eared buffoon down? Me thinks not.
NaturalNews is a joke. I used to read it until he (Mike Adams, the author) became a crazy, nut-job, government-is-out-to-get-me person.
Better source than some Eco warrier crap:
Original post by el scampio
I drunk goats milk straight from the goat as a child. I grew up on a farm in Somerset. I also had milk straight from the cows and into the churns and it never did me any harm, and i've never had a TB jab or MMR vaccines (probably explains my high intelligence).
Given that there have been no rigorous scientific trials with a statistically significant result linking high intelligence with not having had those vaccines it probably explains nothing of the sort.
Goes to show how they HAVE to contaminate the food chain and HAVE to put sh*t in it to keep the population under control, whilst the Queen feasts on Fortnum and Masons Organic stuff, Malvern water shipped in in tanks and Charlie has his own Organic food industry too, will they close that jug eared buffoon down? Me thinks not.
Again the balance of scientific evidence doesn't support the view that organic food is any more nutritious or safer.

Ever heard of herd immunity?

No one would have given two ****s had he not been SELLING it. And given the source, he probably was selling something extra on the side :leaf: ....

( I'm for legalization, but still)
Reply 12
Original post by Pax Amerifauna
Ever heard of herd immunity?

No one would have given two ****s had he not been SELLING it. And given the source, he probably was selling something extra on the side :leaf: ....

( I'm for legalization, but still)

Do you have any idea how many centuries people have been drinking raw milk with no issues? Did you know that almost every other country on the planet does NOT require pasteurization? If not, you should look these things up.

Also, in a free society, people should be allowed to take their own chances. I don't need big brother telling me if i'm allowed to run with scissors or not, thank you very much. If i poke my eye out, then it's MY eye.

This is what the 2nd amendment is for. You're an American but it seems you have no understanding of it.

Land of the free? ha!
Do you have any idea how many centuries people have been drinking raw milk with no issues? Did you know that almost every other country on the planet does NOT require pasteurization? If not, you should look these things up.

Also, in a free society, people should be allowed to take their own chances. I don't need big brother telling me if i'm allowed to run with scissors or not, thank you very much. If i poke my eye out, then it's MY eye.

This is what the 2nd amendment is for. You're an American but it seems you have no understanding of it.

Land of the free? ha!

What are waffling on about, this is not the US are you lost or something? And I know plenty of places that sell unpasteurised milk, it is completely legal here so your conspiracy falls apart somewhat and I just don't know what point you are trying to make on a british website.

And when was a law passed that stops people from running with scissors! You sound crazier with every word.
(edited 12 years ago)

Land of the free? ha!

It depends on the state as to whether unpasteurized milk is illegal, it's not the federal government or FDA that decides that. They just regulate the pasteurization process. If you don't like it, start an initiative to get on your state's ballot or write your state representatives. And the second amendment thing is why cops do carry guns here; yes, Americans have the right to own them and defend ourselves, I have several guns myself, (I was going to get a concealed carry license before I got into school in the UK) but don't be surprised when you break the law, post conspiracy theory and eco-terrorist crap about defending yourself by invoking the 2nd amendment, probably grow weed, and then you get busted by a SWAT team.
Eco news is a joke, it claims that vaccines are useless and kill people and that CEOs of drug companies are criminals because some people die as a result of using too much of their medication.
I used to drink mummy's milk straight from the breast when I was a child. I grew up on a farm in Somerset. I also had milk straight from the cows udder sucking it and into the churns and it never did me any harm, and i've never had a TB jab or MMR vaccines (probably explains my high intelligence).

Used to.

Fixed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Pax Amerifauna
It depends on the state as to whether unpasteurized milk is illegal, it's not the federal government or FDA that decides that. They just regulate the pasteurization process. If you don't like it, start an initiative to get on your state's ballot or write your state representatives. And the second amendment thing is why cops do carry guns here; yes, Americans have the right to own them and defend ourselves, I have several guns myself, (I was going to get a concealed carry license before I got into school in the UK) but don't be surprised when you break the law, post conspiracy theory and eco-terrorist crap about defending yourself by invoking the 2nd amendment, probably grow weed, and then you get busted by a SWAT team.

You think this whole thread is conspiracy theory BS?

You don't trust Natural News?

Here are some other sources:

Forbes News: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/08/03/swat-team-raids-raw-milk-farm-rawesome-arrests-owner/

Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/rawsome-raid-_n_917540.html

RT:

The only conspiracy theory here, is YOU saying they got busted for growing wacky backy. Where's the evidence they were growing pot?
From Forbes http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/08/04/the-rawesome-raid-and-raw-milk-controversy/:

When Venice natural food market, Rawesome Foods, was raided yesterday for selling “raw” or unpasteurized milk, it was not the first time. In fact, it is hardly a lone instance of government cracking down on the sale of raw milk.

Police arrested James Stewart, the owner of Rawesome Foods, and two raw milk suppliers, Sharon Ann Palmer and Eugenie Bloch of Healthy Family Farms. A year long investigation lead to the arrests.

While the raid itself appears to have been pretty by-the-book, rather than a SWAT-style raid as originally reported by Natural News, the absurdity of the raid itself is not so much in its tactics but in the fact that it’s happening in the first place.

Drinking raw milk carries a certain amount of risk, as do many other acts that adults are allowed to engage in, from drinking alcohol, to driving in a steel cage every morning at unbelievable speeds along with thousands of other people on busy city streets. The risks associated with raw milk are controversial, but have of course drawn the ire of regulators who have either banned the sales outright, or required a permit.

California apparently does allow the sale of raw milk but requires a permit to do so. I’m not sure why James Stewart did not have a permit. It’s possible the milk in question didn’t qualify, or that he simply didn’t believe the regulations applied to his store since it is essentially a private “drop-off-point” rather than an actual grocery store. Private individuals pick up privately distributed food from local farmers. If that’s the case, apparently regulators disagreed.

Obviously spending this much time and this many resources to bust people selling dairy products is silly. Making arrests, rather than simply issuing a fine for non-compliance, is silly. And yes, the fundamental issue here is the silliness of requiring permits or making outright bans to sell raw milk in the first place. Permits typically don’t make us any safer, and can serve crowd out competition. In this case, big dairy farms are crowding out smaller competitors.

I still wonder, though, if permits were available, why didn’t Stewart just bite the bullet? It seems easier to go along with bad regulations and fight them in the court of public opinion or at the ballot box rather than simply disregard them and face another raid. Hopefully we find out more as more light is shed on all of this.

So he was too high and mighty to obey the law and didn't have a permit. As regards marijuana, this is California vegans, so it was a reasonable assumption, especially since it's located near "medical" marijuana dispensaries.
Reply 19
You think this whole thread is conspiracy theory BS?

You don't trust Natural News?

Here are some other sources:

Forbes News: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/08/03/swat-team-raids-raw-milk-farm-rawesome-arrests-owner/

Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/rawsome-raid-_n_917540.html

RT:

The only conspiracy theory here, is YOU saying they got busted for growing wacky backy. Where's the evidence they were growing pot?

epic post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending