The Student Room Group

Lads - gel or wax?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frankieboy
Mild one? Or big one?

about 10cm currently. So not the biggest in the world, no, but gel washes out so easily that pomade stuff sounds like a right hassle.
I notice Professor Green suddenly going for the longer slicked greased look now from the short fluffy crop. I wonder whether his hair's doing that naturally or has a bit of light pomade or shine wax on it . Seems most people have problem with the clay wax when it gets to more his kind of length, and then it isn't working so well anymore.
Original post by Florrick

Some girls wear gel or hairwax to hide the fact that they have a meathead.
Original post by Sabertooth
about 10cm currently. So not the biggest in the world, no, but gel washes out so easily that pomade stuff sounds like a right hassle.

Yeah for sure. So if gel holds it then good on ya. I think everyone has to work out what works best for their hair.
You're right. Heavy pomade won't wash out in a hurry. A lot of people with finer hair use a little bit of it to kind of permanently thicken their hair a bit, thus making it a bit more manageable.
Reply 84

Generally everything Garnier Fructis smells gorgeous, but I use this :sexface:
Reply 85
Original post by MJay91
Wow, this thread has kicked off! Thanks a lot guys! I bought these two thingies yesterday. Does anyone have experience with any of them?

Ha, I know this thread's old but I use these exact two products, the freeze spray is the best hair product on the market I've ever used

I use matte clay or wax, I've never actually ever use gel, it just makes your hair look greasy :confused:
Original post by kerily

Generally everything Garnier Fructis smells gorgeous, but I use this :sexface:

Is this good for spike up?
Reply 87
wax is much better, gels are very weak, even strong hold gel's effect usually wears out.
I don't know if anyone's said it so far but neither of those two; for most styles, I'd use something matte like a hair clay or paste.
Original post by alcazaba
American Crew Fiber all the way. Best stuff I've EVER used. Just make sure you warm it up a bit in your hand. Sold at a few hairdressers and online.

It's like a wax. Bit of spray sometimes required if you want a stronger hold.
Costs a bit more than the stuff in the supermarkets, but it's worth it.

Everyone recommends this but I always find it's a bit greasy. I suppose it's acceptable for some styles but not if you don't want it to be noticed.
Reply 90
It is pretty hard to find decent hair products that don't make your hair look terrible. Gel is awful. Wax is better. American Crew really is not that good, though. Get some Hanz de Fuko sponge wax or quicsand.
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Everyone recommends this but I always find it's a bit greasy.

I guess it's the kind of thing to go for if you're going for a Spencer of Made in Chelsea stylee thing (his dracula look).
I always think cream or putty seem nice for hair.
Reply 93
Wax. If you want a gay combover crap to look like the other wannabe chino wearers, which I've become...

But it's just better, keeps it more controlled and that if you don't particularly want your hair stuck up or anything!
gel? :lolwut: who still uses that schoolboy ****?
Matte Clay definitely.

Works wonders
Reply 97
Use Moose Head. Excellent stuff
Reply 98
Hey
I am going to grow my hair so i want my style like this
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/polls/604000/604032_1315049210714_full.jpg

http://87.img.v4.skyrock.net/87d/one-direction-fun/pics/3019209433_1_3_uJhxCIsq.jpg

Yh i know one direction singer but i like the hairstyle

I have quite thick hair

What product will be best for this style

cheers :biggrin:

Why neg ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 99
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending