The Student Room Group

UCAS--No Welcome Letter

Has anyone still not received a welcome letter from UCAS. I am an international applicant and assumed it was the distant that was taking so long, but I sent my application off 15 December and still have not received word and I know they have my application because the fee and such showed up as withdrew from my Dad's account.
does ucas track work?
Reply 2
I dont know. I can't even use track without my application number...which comes with the welcome letter.
When you login to apply the application number will be on the front page. Mine showed up today, and I only applied about a week ago. But it sayd something baout having to login again for the password.
Reply 4
Phone UCAS and ask for it, I would suggest, or just be patient as annoying as it is. I sorta wish I didn't know my number as early as I did coz i've had 5 weeks of 'sent sent sent...'
Reply 5
CALL THEM!

I'm a US applicant and applied on December 15th as well (weird coincidence huh, I live in the north suburbs of chicago, so about 90 minutes away from you).

I also hadn't received my welcome letter yet, and like you i didnt expect anything. The holidays had just happened, plus theres the international shipping... anyway, i had nothing to do before this morning so I called UCAS to see what was up. THEY HADNT SENT MY APP YET! There had been some sort of error on their end (I know it had to be on their end since they just sent my app today they didnt ask me to fix anything). Apparently my application had just been sitting in their system for weeks. What the hell would have happened if I didn't call? They sent it to schools today and the person who talked to me emailed me my UCAStrack number. I'm really pissed because I know I missed LSE's first round of admissions decisions (at least, I haven't been following how UCL or Warwick works as closely) for no reason!

whew... in short, call them tomorrow morning and make sure they just aren't sitting on your application like they were mine.
Reply 6
It's rather unfair for international students getting their welcome letter late. Mine arrived 3 weeks after i sent in my application and by the time it arrives I wasn't allowed to do any ammendments!!!
Reply 7
OMG..I tried calling them tuesday and they said they had no information on applications...well I guess now they do!! what the hell...well no bother--I already sent LSE my additional information so thats good news ..i jsut hope i didn't lose out on my chance of acceptance..ok now im really worried :frown:
Reply 8
call them
I sent my application on Dec 11th, but until yesterday I called them I knew they forgot to send it. oh my god~~~~
but today my application number appeared on the apply section.
good news~~~
Reply 9
blurboy
It's rather unfair for international students getting their welcome letter late. Mine arrived 3 weeks after i sent in my application and by the time it arrives I wasn't allowed to do any ammendments!!!

yes but what do you expect? They dont call it snailmail for nothing.

Latest

Trending

Trending