The Student Room Group

PC Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Is there any catches to the onlive £1 game thing?
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey

If you don't have a decent internet connection it wont work.

Other than that, no.
How am I not already a member of this society?!?!?!
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey

No. However, the thing with OnLive (if you read the small print) is that the game is available to you for as long as OnLive "offer it". Meaning they could take it from their service at any time.
Reply 264
Liking this Onlive thing tbh. Now to choose my £1.00 game :colone:
Hey pc gamers, i have just started playing pc games (cod4) however i don't like using the keyboard. I do have a ps3 controller could i use my ps3 controller on pc.

Its not an original ps3 pad its a 3rd party one with a wireless usb stick to go in the ps3 (am guessing i can just plug it into my pc).
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw

Definitely Deus Ex: Human Revolution if you've not already played it :yes:
Original post by brushless-man
Hey pc gamers, i have just started playing pc games (cod4) however i don't like using the keyboard. I do have a ps3 controller could i use my ps3 controller on pc.

Its not an original ps3 pad its a 3rd party one with a wireless usb stick to go in the ps3 (am guessing i can just plug it into my pc).

Yeah, if it doesn't work straight off there is free software around the place that lets you map keyboard keys to the buttons on your gamepad. Can't remember the name of any of the software off the top of my head, but some google will work if nobody tells you in here.
Original post by LtCommanderData
Yeah, if it doesn't work straight off there is free software around the place that lets you map keyboard keys to the buttons on your gamepad. Can't remember the name of any of the software off the top of my head, but some google will work if nobody tells you in here.

Thanks buddy
Original post by Tommyjw

The problem is the graphics are totally crap (for me at least).

Although it's bloody good if you just want to try a game quickly, you don't have to pay anything (for the demo/trial) and you can play it instantly.
Does anyone here play black ops multiplayer i was thinking of getting it but i heard it lags alot (so much that its unplayable).

What PC spec has everyone got (not trying to start dick measuring contest just seeing what everyones got).
Does anyone here play black ops multiplayer i was thinking of getting it but i heard it lags alot (so much that its unplayable).

What PC spec has everyone got (not trying to start dick measuring contest just seeing what everyones got).

Intel i7-2600K (Overclocked to 4.3GHz)
GTX 580 (Superclocked)
8GB DDR3 1866MHz
Original post by xXedixXx
Intel i7-2600K (Overclocked to 4.3GHz)
GTX 580 (Superclocked)
8GB DDR3 1866MHz

That's like a 10 inch plus right there :wink:
Reply 273
The problem is the graphics are totally crap (for me at least).

Although it's bloody good if you just want to try a game quickly, you don't have to pay anything (for the demo/trial) and you can play it instantly.

True, i guess thats so it loads faster? .

I kinda like it. Like 4 quid to 'rent' a game for like 3 or 4 days . enough time to complete a 'normal' single player game :P
Original post by Tommyjw
True, i guess thats so it loads faster? .

I kinda like it. Like 4 quid to 'rent' a game for like 3 or 4 days . enough time to complete a 'normal' single player game :P

Well I reckon the servers it runs on run the game at the lowest graphics and transmit it at a relatively low resolution so it looks all blurry when you blow it up on a 1920 x 1080 monitor.
SWTOR anyone? Just curious :wink:
Original post by Hal E. Luya
SWTOR anyone? Just curious :wink:

Hell yeah! Already in a Sith Guild and everything :biggrin:
Hell yeah! Already in a Sith Guild and everything :biggrin:

Aw nice, I am too, http://www.swtor-immortals.com/
Looking forward to it far too much, I've finished my assignments for the first year already so that I can play it non stop rawr
Original post by Hal E. Luya
Aw nice, I am too, http://www.swtor-immortals.com/
Looking forward to it far too much, I've finished my assignments for the first year already so that I can play it non stop rawr

Haha epic. I'm with Rising Darkness
Reply 279

If you play online with a controller with PC, you're going to be raped, left, right and center. Playing an FPS game with a controller is like eating soup with a fork - just wrong. Get used to the keyboard and mouse and you'll see that it's by far the best input method.

Anyway, I just found out that Arkham City is going to be delayed until November for PC... not happy.

Quick Reply

Latest