The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8440
Original post by walter101
Only 36% of Croydons residents are from black or ethnic minorities. More than 36% of the rioters were black. FACT. night night

Try reading (and comprehending) again. I clearly said 'the part of Croydon affected'. Come to that part of Croydon and you will see black people make up way more than '36%' of that particular area. As such my point stands. Night night.
Original post by Aj12
Amazon's main sport sellers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/ref=zg_bs_tab

Bats batons and tents

LOL :biggrin:
Original post by walter101
Only 36% of Croydons residents are from black or ethnic minorities. More than 36% of the rioters were black. FACT. night night

True.

Even a black youth campaigner said thats the case on the news earlier and the woman shouting at them last night claiming they were a disgrace to the black community and hackney.

Its not only black people, I know. However, over 90% of the photos i've seen of criminals with looted goods have been black people. Either there is a larger percentage of black people looting or the white people are just camera shy.

:dontknow:
Reply 8444
The police are going to be in trouble if it kicks off everywhere apart from London
Original post by issyconnor
Yep.

Evidently not :wink:
My dad and neighbour are working in London today, and apparently they're in lockdown.

-_-
Reply 8447
Original post by OmicronPersei8
Oh piss off. The last thing people need to hear is some c*** talking about how its just black people rioting. I've seen pictures/videos and there are plenty of other ethnic minorities getting involved. Communities are being destroyed and all you can do is point a finger.

Here here!
Original post by Dobermory

Cars set on fire.

I thought for a second that said 'cats set on fire'!
I was about to take my BB gun to the streets
70-80 youths standing off with police in Salford.
This is just ridiculous. I'm in America at the moment so can only hear from what's on internet coverage and Facebook but it sounds like the country has gone insane. What are they doing to stop it? Is it going to get worse? I heard they've cancelled the football, which is surely a mark of just how serious things are...

:eek4: :confused:

What the hell?
Original post by dunnicare

Ooooooh. Apparently they want their taxes back. That's why they're rioting. Of course.

I doubt she even knows what taxes ****ing are.
Original post by Aj12
The police are going to be in trouble if it kicks off everywhere apart from London

Yeah, they will, but it'll be unfair and the Gov will back them up.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Source for Manchester/Salford?
Reply 8454
Would love to know what intel the met have tonight
Original post by BritishRose
I doubt she even knows what taxes ****ing are.

I doubt she knows where her left arm is on her ****ing body!
These are just opportunistic thugs. They can try to give meaning to the riots but there isn't one.
Reply 8457

I'd imagine that would be Kim Jong Il's reaction if this were to happen in North Korea.
Original post by Aj12
Would love to know what intel the met have tonight

Yeah, pretty sure that ain't gonna happen :tongue:

Being in Gold Command comms centre tonight would be fascinating, though.
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
No problem! :gthumb: I can post directions if you want :smile:

TBH The damage in West Ealing is much less than I expected and the British Heart Foundation Furniture/Electrical store is OPEN Ladies and gentlemen! :congrats: At least I don't have a clean up mission :woo:

They smashed up Cash converters and looted the front display , decimated the Jewelers and the Panasonic store was smashed and stolen from and a few others.

Have you been in to Ealing Broadway? The damage was so hyped up on the news, it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

Latest