The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Photoshopped image from photoshoplooter.tumblr.com

:rofl:
Reply 8481
Nothing really going on in London yet. Just a lot of sirens and a heavy police presence.
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
True.

Even a black youth campaigner said thats the case on the news earlier and the woman shouting at them last night claiming they were a disgrace to the black community and hackney.

Its not only black people, I know. However, over 90% of the photos i've seen of criminals with looted goods have been black people. Either there is a larger percentage of black people looting or the white people are just camera shy.

:dontknow:
I beg you to think about this. Correlation does not always equal causation. If you see a photo of 90% wearing a JD sports bag. Would you then say having a JD sports bag is the cause of these riots? Just because the people you see in the photos have black skin, means no more or no less than if you saw 99% with grey or black hair!

Their skin colour is not relevant.
BTW, I don't know the rioters and it's just a rumour going around facebook.
Original post by DiscoPirate
Got PM'd this:

'Hi there. I'm working with the BBC Current Affairs team, and I noticed the image you posted of the leaflet with the advice about being identified in the riots. Can you tell where you found this image? It would be really useful for our investigation. Thanks.

BBC are prowling the forums :fyi:

Interesting. :holmes:

Did you reply?
Original post by Broderss
Mr Cameron's putting 16,000 police officers on the streets of London tonight. Last night they had 6,000. They're bringing officers from all over the country, even as far up as Newcastle.

The riots are really only opportunistic hooligans. They see that the Police have lost control and they think they can get away with rioting and looting. All it really says about the UK is something about its class system, since it's all the chavs and scum of society that are doing this.
Pretty dangerous, weakening the police force elsewhere. If we see copycat rioting in these areas the police there will not be able to cope.
Reply 8486
Original post by ssh19931111
You are implying that riots and looting only hit the areas with high percentage of black population. :tongue:

No im not. Im stating that the reason that we see significant numbers of black people in specific areas is because of the high concentration of black people in those areas. I contrast that with the fact in areas with significantly high concentrations of white people, such as orpington and enfield, the overwhelming majority of the looters were white. :tongue:
Original post by Aj12
Nothing really going on in London yet. Just a lot of sirens and a heavy police presence.

They're getting prepared. Good.
Original post by Broderss
Mr Cameron's putting 16,000 police officers on the streets of London tonight. Last night they had 6,000. They're bringing officers from all over the country, even as far up as Newcastle.

The riots are really only opportunistic hooligans. They see that the Police have lost control and they think they can get away with rioting and looting. All it really says about the UK is something about its class system, since it's all the chavs and scum of society that are doing this.

So I've heard (about the 16,000 officers). I thought riots had exploded fairly widespread, though?

I guessed that and from the videos I've seen it's obvious that the people doing this are morons who can't even describe a cause because there isn't one. I totally agree with you, it can only be the scum, but it does raise questions about how we can fix the aforementioned class system, because if this disparity increases the dissatisfaction is also only likely to increase...

Have the police really lost control? And is that going to be reversed any time soon?
How dumb do you have to be to not cover your face when you're looting :facepalm2: Hope they're all found, dickheads.
Does anyone know anything about Wimbledon?? I just read somewhere on this forum that there's going to be a riot tonight.
Oh, Hammersmith and Fulham too. Rumours about that being the next big target.
Reply 8492
Original post by Aj12
The police are going to be in trouble if it kicks off everywhere apart from London

Exactly.

This is why few numbers but harder tactics (like rubber bullets) would be more efficient. Although that would trigger more conflict supposedly.

It's a no-win situation.
Original post by Reformed2010
I beg you to think about this. Correlation does not always equal causation. If you see a photo of 90% wearing a JD sports bag. Would you then say having a JD sports bag is the cause of these riots? Just because the people you see in the photos have black skin, means no more or no less than if you saw 99% with grey or black hair!

Their skin colour is not relevant.

I keep saying this and getting ignored. :sad:

It's all because they're black, obviously. To hell with logic.
Surely this thread should be renamed to 'UK riots' now.

This is crazy.
Anything noteworthy happened in the last few hours. I've been out and haven't really heard much.
Original post by issyconnor
They're getting prepared. Good.

But they aren't having a tough enough stance on the rioters, realistically they need stuff like water canons or rubber bullets.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DiscoPirate
Got PM'd this:

'Hi there. I'm working with the BBC Current Affairs team, and I noticed the image you posted of the leaflet with the advice about being identified in the riots. Can you tell where you found this image? It would be really useful for our investigation. Thanks.

BBC are prowling the forums :fyi:

There are rumours that was photoshopped, in particular the 'T' in Tottenham in that leaflet looks strange.
Reply 8498
There are no words to describe how angry and sickened all of this makes me feel, and I'm obviously not alone.

These youths are destroying people's businesses, livelihoods, homes, everything they have worked for, purely because they don't want to get off their own arses and work hard to get the things they want. When are these trogolodytes going to realize that that is the way the world works; You work hard, you earn money, you have nice things. You don't work hard, you don't have a lot of money, you don't get nice things.

That is the way the world works, that's how life is. You can't go around breaking into shops and stealing what you want. Getting taxes back? They've never seen a HMRC letter or a tax code in their lives! I'm relatively sure I can say that these youths don't even know what HMRC stands for, nevermind justifying a riot with "We're getting our taxes back".

I don't work. I want nice things. But do you see me robbing our local Curry's to get an iPad?

I've been watching this thread since about 2am and have only just joined up, so I just... wanted to put my thoughts across. =/

Just when I thought the rioting has stopped. Apparently it has gone worse.

London, Birmingham, Leeds, Coventry, Liverpool, Bristol, Nottingham, Southampton, Portsmouth, Dudley, Wolverhampton, Manchester, Salford- have all been affected.

Apparently, it is will affect Cardiff, Glasgow and Belfast- going off some of the tweets.

Things looks like it is going from bad to worse.

Latest

Trending

Trending