The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements for University...?

Hi, I am a little confused about this.

On some of the University websites for entry requirements to a degree there is a list of the minimum of Highers which have to be achieved in a first sitting.

Whilst on others, it does not specify whether this is the case, it just says e.g. -

4 highers at -BBBB.

Does this mean that these grades can be attained over two sittings.

I know it is a little confusing but any help is appreciated.
Reply 1
If you really want to go to that university and do that course, but are still confused on the grades you'll need over 2 sittings, I suggest phoning them up and asking. It will literally take you less than 10 seconds :smile:
Reply 2
If it doesn't anywhere specify this on the site then as our friend EmoKid says the only way is to contact them directly. Is it English universities you're looking into by any chance? Some of them seem to have a tenuous grasp on the mechanics and worth of Scottish qualifications, so you can prepare yourself for a tough time trying to get things clarified :P
Reply 3
Original post by Armaros
If it doesn't anywhere specify this on the site then as our friend EmoKid says the only way is to contact them directly. Is it English universities you're looking into by any chance? Some of them seem to have a tenuous grasp on the mechanics and worth of Scottish qualifications, so you can prepare yourself for a tough time trying to get things clarified :P

"Our EmoKid" LOL! On another note, if you're one of those odd folk who have a phobia of talking on a phone, if the course requires a BBBB, i'd take that as a first sitting and add a BC for two sittings. Don't use this method if you DON'T have a phobia of talking on the phone though :P
Reply 4
Just phone them up. They're not going to log your call and you probably won't be speaking to an admissions tutor anyway. If you're scared of phone calls, man up, you'll need to make plenty of them in your future life.
Plenty of people dislike phone calls because they reduce the social and non-verbal cues that are necessary for efficient communication. Whether that's more important than the increased certainty the call would give you is down to you. Even then, universities generally have admissions email addresses, which have the added benefit of being asynchronous. It does make your contact easier to ignore, but I had prompt responses from all three universities I emailed, including late into the night on one occasion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending