The Student Room Group

Loan extensions?

My friend has pretty much completely ran out of money while she's staying in the halls over the summer. She has one month left til her next year starts but has absolutely no money until the loan comes in.

When I first went to uni I remember being at a talk where some guy said that if this ever happened you could apply for a short extension on your loan, but I'm not sure if this is true or even how she could go about it?

Thanks for any input!
More likely to get money out of the uni's emergency fund/access to learning fund than from the SLC I'd have thought. Tell her to get on to her student union, they will be able to let her know what they can do to help.
Original post by Khost
My friend has pretty much completely ran out of money while she's staying in the halls over the summer. She has one month left til her next year starts but has absolutely no money until the loan comes in.

When I first went to uni I remember being at a talk where some guy said that if this ever happened you could apply for a short extension on your loan, but I'm not sure if this is true or even how she could go about it?

Thanks for any input!

She won't get an extension Student Finance, that's for sure! She could apply for help from the uni's Access to Learning fund, if it would mean that she would have to drop out without the extra funding.

Quick Reply