The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Get ready guide

anyone recieved theirs yet? the website says "Your printed guide will be sent by post from the end of July through to September.", but im excited and want mine now :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robot_khamscott
anyone recieved theirs yet? the website says "Your printed guide will be sent by post from the end of July through to September.", but im excited and want mine now :frown:

Im guessing you only get it when you are confirmed as attending (i.e. got your results.) So if you're doing A levels you'll have to wait :tongue:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
i got an unconditional place and accepted it ages ago because im postgrad. i recon ill just have to be patient :'D
Reply 3
i got an unconditional place and accepted it ages ago because im postgrad. i recon ill just have to be patient :'D

Mine's unconditional, and I want my get ready guide too! :tongue: I think I read somewhere that you get it at the end of August, which is understandable because then they'll know which people are coming definitely, and it's probably easier to send them all out at once. (Which accommodation are you saying in?)
Original post by k3ro
Mine's unconditional, and I want my get ready guide too! :tongue: I think I read somewhere that you get it at the end of August, which is understandable because then they'll know which people are coming definitely, and it's probably easier to send them all out at once. (Which accommodation are you saying in?)

yeah i recon your right!,im in iq you?
Reply 5
yeah i recon your right!,im in iq you?

Lol, yeah. :smile: If you look on the website there's a PDF version which will probably be the exact same as the one they send in the post, though. So you could just read that one instead I reckon. :tongue:

Ah, that's cool. John Lester for me. IQ looks really nice but it was already fully booked when I got my offer (went through Clearing..). Plus, I don't think I could've afforded to pay the initial £1.5k fees before my student loan came through. :tongue:
Reply 6
I remember only getting mine just before I arrived at Salford last year, so end of august or beginning of september sounds about right. :smile:
Original post by k3ro
Lol, yeah. :smile: If you look on the website there's a PDF version which will probably be the exact same as the one they send in the post, though. So you could just read that one instead I reckon. :tongue:

Ah, that's cool. John Lester for me. IQ looks really nice but it was already fully booked when I got my offer (went through Clearing..). Plus, I don't think I could've afforded to pay the initial £1.5k fees before my student loan came through. :tongue:

yeee its just the little letter with your student number and stuff on so you can register that comes with it thats relaly important i think!
iv worked for a year between undergrad and my masters so pay for everything because theres no funding :'( but its defo really expensive, it better be as nice as it sounds :'D
Reply 8
Original post by llamatastic
I remember only getting mine just before I arrived at Salford last year, so end of august or beginning of september sounds about right. :smile:

Thanks. :thumbsup: Seen you around on here before but never noticed you went to Salford, lol...

yeee its just the little letter with your student number and stuff on so you can register that comes with it thats relaly important i think!
iv worked for a year between undergrad and my masters so pay for everything because theres no funding :'( but its defo really expensive, it better be as nice as it sounds :'D

Yeah, I noticed that you gotta register online so I'm waiting for that letter. :biggrin: I also want them to publish the events timetable so I can see what's happening on each day.. :P I'm excited to starttttt.

Ooh, that's cool. I just assumed you were doing an undergraduate course. :smile: Whatcha doing a masters in?
Original post by k3ro
Thanks. :thumbsup: Seen you around on here before but never noticed you went to Salford, lol...

Yeah, I noticed that you gotta register online so I'm waiting for that letter. :biggrin: I also want them to publish the events timetable so I can see what's happening on each day.. :P I'm excited to starttttt.

Ooh, that's cool. I just assumed you were doing an undergraduate course. :smile: Whatcha doing a masters in?

nooo postgrad, i feel really old hahaha, its one in life sciences to do with parasites <3 very excited! . i just wanna move in now haha getting very bored at home
Reply 10
nooo postgrad, i feel really old hahaha, its one in life sciences to do with parasites <3 very excited! . i just wanna move in now haha getting very bored at home

Nah, don't. I'm sure there'll be tons of mature students around, so you'll fit in just fine. :tongue: Your course sounds interesting! I never was one for biology though.. More of a physics person myself.

And lol, me too! I finished sixth form mid-May so I've been doing nothing for months now... Only 36 days to go... Well, 35, since today is practically over rofl.
Original post by k3ro

What have you got to register online for? The 'Get Ready Guide'? :confused:
Original post by Catherine13
What have you got to register online for? The 'Get Ready Guide'? :confused:

http://www.getready.salford.ac.uk/now

Ahhh so you can't register until you get the guide. :frown:

It says that the link is live from 8th so maybe they send out the letters from now..?
Hopefully. I can't wait!
Reply 14
Original post by Catherine13
Ahhh so you can't register until you get the guide. :frown:

It says that the link is live from 8th so maybe they send out the letters from now..?
Hopefully. I can't wait!

Sorry for not answering your question earlier; I was out.

Where does it say they send it out from the 8th? I hope so too. :biggrin:
I received a soft copy (.pdf format) of the 'Get Ready' guide last month. Isn't that sufficient :confused:?
Original post by BomaIsTheFuture
I received a soft copy (.pdf format) of the 'Get Ready' guide last month. Isn't that sufficient :confused:?

did it have you student number and things attatched to it so you could register? if not i think you have to wait for the proper one in the post
Original post by k3ro
Sorry for not answering your question earlier; I was out.

Where does it say they send it out from the 8th? I hope so too. :biggrin:

No, sorry, I meant it says the website to register goes live from the 8th.
http://www.getready.salford.ac.uk/page/step_one
At the side of the link where 'Home and EU students' register.
just got mine today :d yayyyyyyy
Reply 19
just got mine today :d yayyyyyyy

Yup, me too. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest