The Student Room Group

Help please on university choices?

I'm applying to do Philosophy and Theology joint next year, i believe i am under "international" student status, and looking to apply for glasgow, edinburgh and dundee in scotland. doing IB, predicted 35 - 37 roughly, but i might drop to a 33/34, because HL physics is a bit unstable for me, ups and downs, you know the story.
two things,
1. Edinburgh is saying a minimum of 34 on their website, and Glasgow 36, but is Edinburgh less likely to give me an offer, since they seem to be a little bit higher up on the tables, and so i assume, recieve more offers?
which of these universities have a higher acceptance rate?

2. Dundee is asking for only 30, which i am almost positive i can get, but they're asking for 5, 5, 5 at HL, is that too risky considering physics?

If anyone could answer these questions it would be amazing.
:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by jacksonriddle
I'm applying to do Philosophy and Theology joint next year, i believe i am under "international" student status, and looking to apply for glasgow, edinburgh and dundee in scotland. doing IB, predicted 35 - 37 roughly, but i might drop to a 33/34, because HL physics is a bit unstable for me, ups and downs, you know the story.
two things,
1. Edinburgh is saying a minimum of 34 on their website, and Glasgow 36, but is Edinburgh less likely to give me an offer, since they seem to be a little bit higher up on the tables, and so i assume, recieve more offers?
which of these universities have a higher acceptance rate?

2. Dundee is asking for only 30, which i am almost positive i can get, but they're asking for 5, 5, 5 at HL, is that too risky considering physics?

If anyone could answer these questions it would be amazing.
:smile:

Why are you only keen on Scotland? And also, don't worry about it. Make sure you do your best on your PS and application. Once you get a conditional offer from the universities, which is not that tough really, the games in your court. They might set our certain conditions such as the minimum you have to achieve, etc. but many times they consider you even if you don't meet your conditions. This is more the case with international students as they are very lenient.
thanks for the help, that does settle me a bit knowing that i might have a bigger chance than i thought.
i'm mostly keen on scotland because they're more flexible about the degree you come out with, since you get to do a range of subjects on the first two years, and i'm not 100% on whether i want to do theology/philosophy, and might switch to something else after the first year.

Quick Reply

Latest