The Student Room Group

Is this dress good enough to wear at a wedding?

http://www.next.co.uk/x4856s4

I'm struggling to find a dress to buy for a wedding I'm attending soon and I no longer like going to places like coast, karen millen and monsoon because the dresses are so predictable and you can always guarantee that more than one person will be wearing the dress.

Do people have any suggestions? My budget is £80.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It looks fine to me :smile:
Reply 2
thats pretty :smile:

what dress you get all depends on how comfortable you feel with length and amount of 'flesh' you show etc. :smile:
Looks good, though I thought wrap dresses were a bit 2008.
it will look nice on you- if you were 30 years old.
Reply 5
It looks very nice but maybe a bit casual.
I love it, and I love the colour. You can always jazz it up with accessories and stuff :smile:
Check out Zara's dresses. You will defs find something you will below £80
Reply 8
I think it needs heels to smarten it up a bit and make it a bit more formal, but with some nice accessories it'd be lovely!
I personally would go with something more formal. If you wanted to wear that dress, though, which I think is nice but again a little informal, you should definitely accessorize more. Maybe add a fancier silver necklace, nice earrings, a brooch, etc.? And heels, you definitely need heels! And maybe a nice hair clip with hair parted to the side or a lovely up-do or something...
Reply 10
Original post by barnetlad
Looks good, though I thought wrap dresses were a bit 2008.

Yeah they were but I still like them. They tend to suit me and one can't go wrong with them.

I wear them to work all the time lol.
Reply 11
Original post by Roshniroxy
it will look nice on you- if you were 30 years old.

Haha, I'm in my mid 20's so I try not to dress too young.

If I was much younger I would have bought something from ASOS.
Reply 12
Original post by The-Dream
It looks very nice but maybe a bit casual.

Oh okay. What would you suggest?

Do you have links for stuff you think might work well for a wedding?
i'd get something more flowery-summery but obviously i'm not you. i like the dress though, it's cool.
Reply 14
Original post by DancerPerson
I personally would go with something more formal. If you wanted to wear that dress, though, which I think is nice but again a little informal, you should definitely accessorize more. Maybe add a fancier silver necklace, nice earrings, a brooch, etc.? And heels, you definitely need heels! And maybe a nice hair clip with hair parted to the side or a lovely up-do or something...

Thanks!

Do you have suggestions and links to websites for more formal dresses? Don't worry about the budget, I'd probably have to stretch it a bit more.
Reply 15
Original post by DamiGotBack <3
i'd get something more flowery-summery but obviously i'm not you. i like the dress though, it's cool.

Yeah I was thinking of something flowery and summery but I don't know where to look.

I don't want long dresses. I want something at the knees.
Reply 16
It's a nice dress if you're going to the park.
Depending on the type of wedding, looks a bit too casual.
Original post by babygirl110

Original post by babygirl110
Yeah I was thinking of something flowery and summery but I don't know where to look.

I don't want long dresses. I want something at the knees.

M&S, River Island?
Reply 19
I think it is lovely. Wear it with a smart jacket and statement jewellery. No-one will be looking at you anyway (I mean that in the nicest possible way), all eyes will be on the bride :-)

Quick Reply

Latest