The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mistermeowingtons
What about places such as The Park, Lenton, Dunkirk and Beeston? I would count all of them as pretty safe places to live.

I don't think Beeston is actually in Nottingham. It's a seperate town like Newark, Arnold or Mansfield.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by ultimate mashup
I don't think Beeston is actually in Nottingham. It's a seperate town like Newark, Arnold or Mansfield.

Yes, but Beeston is much closer to the city centre, so functions as if it were a suburb of the city, despite not falling within the 'technical' definition of one.

beeston is nottingham, but its greater nottingham. Basically its a true definition of suburb. plus ano;d is def nottm. But suburbs are not part of the city. Even though they are part of the nottm cunnurbanation.

Its like bristol has keysham, kingswood, downends, longwell green staplhilletc, but they sre not part of bristol city, but they are def suburbs of bristol.
Best: West Bridgford, The Park
Worst: Everywhere else
Original post by louiscypher
anyone who thinks nottinghams safe is completely and utterley lieing.

Nottingham has very few good areas.fact.

It is full of subhuman scum roaming around, and i challenge anyone to go from area to area to tell me otherwise.

ASPLEY= SCUM

BULWELL=SCUM

BROXTOWE ESTATE=SCUM
STRELLEY=SCUM

BILBOROUGH=SCUM

BEECHDALE=SCUM

MEADOWS=SCUM

ST ANNS=SCUM

CLIFTON=SCUM

RADFORD=SCUM

HYSON GREEN=SCUM

BOBBERSMILL=SCUM

FOREST FIELDS=SCUM

SNEINTON=SCUM

TopVALLEY=SCUM

That is 90 percent of the city, in the last 3 weeks alone there been 3 murders and some stabbings...

Add the fact it was in thw top 5 places for riots this week over two nights and you have one feral place...

:cry2:

Reply 25
hyson green and radford are good areas, lots of shops there and ASDA so you'll probably have to visit it now and then.
Reply 26
Repping The Meadows!!
Reply 27
The meadows dont act lyk u no dat place brap brap hardest mans out der ng2 ng2
Reply 28
Original post by Becreate
The meadows dont act lyk u no dat place brap brap hardest mans out der ng2 ng2

Sn1 bruv i heard they do the best donner out there!
Reply 29
I live close to beeston, it actually quite nice but there is nothing to do. It only 20min from Nottingham Uni.
Reply 30
I'm staying in norton court in radford which i've seen a few people say is a bad area.
Anyone stay there last year and can tell me what they thought about it?
Reply 31
Original post by geztival
Oh and Bulwell is where Jeremy Kyle people come from :biggrin: (also a local joke where I live, no offence meant to anyone :P). But yeah, it's no more rough than other cities

hey! im from bulwell! LOL though i do have to agree! scummy mummy area lol
Reply 32
Original post by louiscypher
anyone who thinks nottinghams safe is completely and utterley lieing.

Nottingham has very few good areas.fact.

It is full of subhuman scum roaming around, and i challenge anyone to go from area to area to tell me otherwise.

ASPLEY= SCUM

BULWELL=SCUM

BROXTOWE ESTATE=SCUM
STRELLEY=SCUM

BILBOROUGH=SCUM

BEECHDALE=SCUM

MEADOWS=SCUM

ST ANNS=SCUM

CLIFTON=SCUM

RADFORD=SCUM

HYSON GREEN=SCUM

BOBBERSMILL=SCUM

FOREST FIELDS=SCUM

SNEINTON=SCUM

TopVALLEY=SCUM

That is 90 percent of the city, in the last 3 weeks alone there been 3 murders and some stabbings...

Add the fact it was in thw top 5 places for riots this week over two nights and you have one feral place...

this made me laugh, please don't listen to this reply, its very dramatised. just avoid areas close to the city at night like meadows, st anns, but apart from that nottingham is pretty good city to live in. yh u get your chavs, dickheads and tramps etc but where doesn't nowadays?? i go out most weekends, and their isn't much trouble at all, if hardly ever.
for a rough guide, if you can get a map of nottingham, the side of the river trent where west bridgford, radcliffe etc (south of nottingham) is ,is probably the better areas of nottingham. but please dont be put off by what louis is saying, im sure he likes something about nottingham lol:colone:
People are harsh, your gonna be a student so you are only gonna live in student areas like Lenton or Arboretum anyway. The worst areas near town are Radford, Seinton and St anns(really horrible). Places like Hyson Green and forest Fields have alot of drugs and prostitution but it's not dangerous and there is also lots of families and students. I grow up in Broxtow(one of the worst places but it's mostly houses not council blocks) and now live in Hyson Green which I think is nice just because it's near town and the forest n arb, although there are always drug addicts fighting outside my house and occasionally cars curb crawling me.
Reply 34
Original post by trentster

Original post by trentster
hey! im from bulwell! LOL though i do have to agree! scummy mummy area lol

haha! I live in Top Valley so I'm one to talk anyway :tongue:
Reply 35
I will be living in the centre, like 1 min from ocean (or what it is called), is it safe there? :0
Reply 36
So many people are contradicting eachother with black and white statements in this thread. The reality is that the 'roughness' you experience in an area is dependant on a number of factors. If you're out in a group at night you're pretty safe in most areas.
Reply 37
Original post by sanniehald
I will be living in the centre, like 1 min from ocean (or what it is called), is it safe there? :0

What road? It's alright down there from what I've experienced. Pretty sick location! Check your road out here..

http://www.police.uk/
Original post by sanniehald

Yes its generally fine.
Reply 39
Yes its generally fine.

Thanks ^^

Latest

Trending

Trending