The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by BulgeBracket
How do Indian/Pakistani woman feel about dating white (English) guys? Does it happen often?

I hope so. indian girls are the hottest alive.
Reply 81
Original post by CityOfMyHeart
I know that indian guys + white girls happens a lot.

I'm saying that I've mostly seen indian girls + white guys.

It's really very simple :s-smilie:

ok women! chill out here. was just pointing something out.

Jeez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Original post by exursist
ok women! chill out here. was just pointing something out.

Jeez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Haha no, you were just a bit obsessed on proving that you were right :p:
How do Indian/Pakistani woman feel about dating white (English) guys? Does it happen often?

eeeeee foreskin urrrrgh!!!!!!
Reply 84

Too much cultural incompatibilities would pretty much end it unless one person in the relationship accedes to the culture of the other.

Though you would have better luck going out with an Indian girl as they are less likely to be culturally incompatible with you than a Bengali or Pakistani.
Reply 85
Original post by Mr Smurf
Well plenty of Indian girls like white guys so it does happen. One couple that doesn't happen is Oriental guys with white girls. It's saddening because I am an Oriental that really likes white girls. :sad:

Why don't you like Chinese girls? They are really pretty! Plus, they never look aged when they get old.

I don't mind going out with a Chinese girl tbh
Reply 86
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a white guy and I've been going out with an indian girl for over a year. Race has never been an issue for either of us but sometimes when we're in public holding hands we get angry looks off some ppl, generally asian men I'm afraid to say.

This really gets me angry as we live in a free country. Personally I have no time for people who think two people shouldn't be together because of differences in the distribution of melanin in their skin cells.

The concern is that the relationship would mean the culture/religion would eventually end because the person has become subsumed/assimilated into the larger community. Maybe it's not a big thing to you, but some people value their culture and religion and hence do not like when they see their people doing things which could end it.
Reply 87
Original post by Kohl
But I'm not intimidating, and I don't wear a headscarf :tongue:

When I date (or if) then it wouldn't be an asian guy. I'm sick of the whole rude boy act - it's awful. Any other race would be fine.

Stop being such a racist. Not all Asians acvt like that. You also need to think about the future of you culture and religion (if you have any) when dating certain types. Do you want to contribute to the end of your people?
Original post by iRobot_Mk3
The concern is that the relationship would mean the culture/religion would eventually end because the person has become subsumed/assimilated into the larger community. Maybe it's not a big thing to you, but some people value their culture and religion and hence do not like when they see their people doing things which could end it.

But whats more important: individual free will or cultural preservation?
Reply 89
Original post by CityOfMyHeart
Haha no, you were just a bit obsessed on proving that you were right :p:

Obsessed!!!?
Be nice here, ok :-)
Reply 90

cultural preservation is far more important. Intercultural marriages rarely work out btw.

There will come a time when a person will realise that preserving their heritage, religion and culture are the most important things in life. All the fun someone is having in life will pale in comparion to the realisation they will soon have that their religion/culture is dying.

I've no objection to interracial marriages, but there needs to be a degree of cultural/religious uniformity for them to succeed. Often that means adopting the ways of one particular partner. Then, whose culture will the children follow?
cultural preservation is far more important. Intercultural marriages rarely work out btw.

There will come a time when a person will realise that preserving their heritage, religion and culture are the most important things in life. All the fun someone is having in life will pale in comparion to the realisation they will soon have that their religion/culture is dying.

I've no objection to interracial marriages, but there needs to be a degree of cultural/religious uniformity for them to succeed. Often that means adopting the ways of one particular partner. Then, whose culture will the children follow?

Why must children follow a particular culture? Yes, it could be seen as sad that 'cultures' are dying out but it's going to happen one day as the world mixes more and more. This is why we have museums. Animals end up becoming extinct because the world evolves without them, but it's not the end of the world. We move on and welcome the changes.
Either way, the children may not even want to embrace the 'culture' of their parents - why should they?

And the reason that intercultural marriages rarely work out is generally because of other circumstances and if it's about cultural differences, then that's just sad. If a marriage fails because the two people cannot grow to appreciate the merging of their cultures, then they shouldn't be married at all. Those marriages where the two people embrace each other as a whole and treat the marriage as being no different to a same-cultured marriage, end up working just as much as those. Granted, there are other circumstances which come into play, like families who cannot accept the intercultural marriage, but the sooner that racism dies away, the sooner intercultural marriages will last more.

I'm Indian and I have a white boyfriend, but it doesn't bother us in the slightest. There are some aspects to my culture which are important to me and he respects that, and I respect aspects of his culture which he cares about too. What's brilliant is that we merge those best bits and form new cultural ideas - which is what should happen. We shouldn't seek to preserve what we have only...we should let it grow and change, just like the world is changing. If you want it to be kept the same, then wake up and welcome to the twenty-first century.
pakistani girls like to party with black guys in birmingham fom what i have seen - but i doubt they make this public to their family for fear of getting a slap
Reply 93

Personally, I think that tradition is *******s, but human nature is such that we like to preserve. Even still, it depends if one (or a culture) values individual freedom. We only do in Western society.
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
pakistani girls like to party with black guys in birmingham fom what i have seen - but i doubt they make this public to their family for fear of getting a slap

You really have a habit of repeating yourself and although there is nothing wrong with black guys hardly any Pakistani girls, party, let alone go out with Black guys. Most Black guys would agree with what I have said as for Indian girls however most are pretty loose and free-spirited. If you can't pull an Indian girl then there is seriously something wrong with yourself!

From my personal experience Indian girls and white/black guys is becoming extremely common as most are open to dating anyone from my experience however this isn't the case with Pakistanis.
(edited 12 years ago)

iRobot_Mk3 I really think you need to go away and reflect on your morals

Individual free will is FAR more important than cultural preservation. The VAST MAJORITY of people would agree with this.

Free will is to be treasured and respected. Just look at those sacrificing themselves in the most horrific way on the streets of syria in pursuit of the individual freedoms which we take for granted in this country.

And you're actually saying that people should be OPPRESSED against their will for the preservation of religion or culture?!!!

Hitler himself outlined the importance of cultural preservation over free will in "mein kampf". You're actually agreeing with this notion?!
Original post by Dr.Sweet Science
You really have a habit of repeating yourself and although there is nothing wrong with black guys hardly any Pakistani girls, party, let alone go out with Black guys. Most Black guys would agree with what I have said as for Indian girls however most are pretty loose and free-spirited. If you can't pull an Indian girl then there is seriously something wrong with yourself!

From my personal experience Indian girls and white/black guys is becoming extremely common as most are open to dating anyone from my experience however this isn't the case with Pakistanis.

Take a look at any broad st bar you will meet plenty of pakistani girls grinding it on the dance floor with black guys thats a fact i can see with my own eyes- 2nd generaion girls in thiis country especially birmingham are far less innocent than you think
Thats also why birmingham has a big problem with honour killings and beatings within the paksitani community - girls parents uncles and brothers have been arressted loads of times as reported in local papers for going out with black men.
(edited 12 years ago)
no chance with pakistani girls unless you are rich to be honest...
Reply 98
iRobot_Mk3 I really think you need to go away and reflect on your morals

Individual free will is FAR more important than cultural preservation. The VAST MAJORITY of people would agree with this.

Free will is to be treasured and respected. Just look at those sacrificing themselves in the most horrific way on the streets of syria in pursuit of the individual freedoms which we take for granted in this country.

And you're actually saying that people should be OPPRESSED against their will for the preservation of religion or culture?!!!

Hitler himself outlined the importance of cultural preservation over free will in "mein kampf". You're actually agreeing with this notion?!

That's merely your own opinion. Brininging comparisons to Hitler is also quite pathetic. At the end of the day, if you don't value your culture and religion, so be it. if you are prepared to see it die, then please do not consider yourself Asian/Muslim/Hindu/Sikh or whatever because you are seeing to it that those traditions die out. if you made an effort to make your partner follow your ways, fair enough. if you don't, then you are contributing to the suicide of your community.
I would love to date an Indian/Pakistani woman. I've always thought they're so damn sexy. I never had the guts to approach them though in case they find interracial mixing disgusting. Besides Indian/Pakistani men might hate me for it anyway, so I just avoid taking the risk.