Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    French and Italian
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for American Studies with Politics, and am also going to the open day this Sat! The course looks amazing, as does the year abroad scheme
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydia_1)
    I'm applying for American Studies with Politics, and am also going to the open day this Sat! The course looks amazing, as does the year abroad scheme
    i applied for American Studies a few weeks ago... waiting on a reply

anyone got any idea of how long Sussex take to send back replies? i got an email confirming that they have my application last week
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for economics
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've chosen Sussex for Law M100
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Biology.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy & Spanish. I originally had my hopes set on it as my first choice; after attending the open day today I am not so sure.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftingaway)
    im considering sussex as one my choices for the law llb course. Im on a gap year at the moment, im planning to bump my grades up to an AAC/A*AC, I am also picking up A2 general studies. Whats the likelihood i will receive an offer from sussex?

btw ... what does the law school at sussex look like? I've tried googling but i couldnt find anything related to the law school.
    At the open day today, they stated that anything under AAB is highly unlikely to receive an offer.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    So what did people think of the open day?

I'm pretty much settled on not applying (I decided not to go to the open day) but I'm curious to hear people's impressions.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Biology applicant

Went to the open day earlier today and really liked it.
    Was a little dissappointed with east slope, although I've heard good things about it I came away thinking really it looked very cramped and not particularly pleasent.
    Although the other accomodation was absolutely fine, probably even nicer then some that I've seen.
    And very close to Brighton which is brilliant
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    went on a campus tour, not the full open day. looked ok, quite spacious and green, en suite acc was nice but quite dear and east slopes i wouldn't pay £10, it was the pits!! cafes looked nice and new, library nice and big
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatbitesize)
    Biology applicant

Went to the open day earlier today and really liked it.
    Was a little dissappointed with east slope, although I've heard good things about it I came away thinking really it looked very cramped and not particularly pleasent.
    Although the other accomodation was absolutely fine, probably even nicer then some that I've seen.
    And very close to Brighton which is brilliant
    What did you expect? East Slope is awful. Everyone knows that. But there are lots of parties there.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    What did you expect? East Slope is awful. Everyone knows that. But there are lots of parties there.
    Well I wasnt expecting anything amazing, but i didnt expect them to be quite that bad! Although everyone I spoke to who lived in east slope said they liked it fine :dontknow:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorrabell)
    went on a campus tour, not the full open day. looked ok, quite spacious and green, en suite acc was nice but quite dear and east slopes i wouldn't pay £10, it was the pits!! cafes looked nice and new, library nice and big
    I've booked a campus tour because I can't make the open day. What happens? Do you have to make your own way round and do you get to look inside the accommodation?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatbitesize)
    Well I wasnt expecting anything amazing, but i didnt expect them to be quite that bad! Although everyone I spoke to who lived in east slope said they liked it fine :dontknow:
    It's commonly thought that people shouldn't legally be allowed to live in East Slope. Some people love it. A girl in my flat moved from East Slope because she couldn't handle that it was never clean.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electric-wars)
    At the open day today, they stated that anything under AAB is highly unlikely to receive an offer.
    aah ok. I have an AABB prediction. Why do they state 'AAA-AAB' entry req on their website? Do they actually give out offers for AAA? :eek:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftingaway)
    aah ok. I have an AABB prediction. Why do they state 'AAA-AAB' entry req on their website? Do they actually give out offers for AAA? :eek:
    I haven't seen an AAA requirement for any course, but there is a possibility that they would give somebody an AAA offer in certain circumstances. If I were you I wouldn't worry though, you're highly likely to just be offered the standard AAB.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electric-wars)
    I haven't seen an AAA requirement for any course, but there is a possibility that they would give somebody an AAA offer in certain circumstances. If I were you I wouldn't worry though, you're highly likely to just be offered the standard AAB.
    yeah, on their website and on ucas, their entry requirements for law are 'AAA-AAB', hence i was a little worried. I really want to firm sussex. I just hope i get an offer!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Physics, predicted AAB but quite hoping for a BBB offer hehe
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    on a campus tour you're taken around by a few people, we had 1 student and someone from admissions, i think, they showed us the more important bits and 2 accommodations, the newest ones and east slopes, personally i wouldn't put a pig in east slopes

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 8, 2013
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.